    i would like to server to hide the Y flashing. is there a way?

    kind regards

    ---
    mirza i, Sep 22, 2004

  2. mirza i

    Steve Guest

    Hi,

    Since you are not displaying page Y then you could simply use the function
    on page Y in page X. Just copy and paste the function into page X... When
    you press the button refresh page X and POST a variable to let yourself know
    to call the function. If you are deleting a row from a database make sure
    your function call is at the beginning of the page X so page X refreshes only
    once with the lastest information.

    Steve, Sep 22, 2004

  3. mirza i wrote:

    > i got page X in asp and a button on it. when i click a button it will
    > call other asp page (Y) then perform a function (delete a record,
    > change a setting) and call back X. obviously, as soon as i click the
    > button page Y flashes, performs an op and it opens X. the code works
    > but that flashing annoys me.
    >
    > i would like to server to hide the Y flashing. is there a way?

    Define "call back X". It sounds to me like you are using a client-side
    redirection. If you use Response.Redirect(), there should be no flash.

    --
    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Sep 22, 2004