Hiding data in ASP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by J P Singh, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. J P Singh

    J P Singh Guest

    Hi All

    I have situation and have not been able to work out the solution wonder if
    someone can suggest a solution.

    I have an asp form which displays holidays for an employee for various
    years.

    For example the code in a loop will write out the following with the data

    Holidays 2004
    Date from Date to Days

    Holidays 2003
    Date from Date to Days

    Holidays 2002
    Date from Date to Days
    and so on.

    What I want to do is to display only the current year holidays and collaspe
    the rest of them so they can expand if they want to see it and also maintain
    some king of session state for what they select.

    Hence what I want the page to display is

    Holidays 2004 ( this being the current year should be displayed in full by
    default
    Date from Date to Days

    View 2003 Holidays (Hyperlinked One click to display and second click to
    hide)
    View 2002 Holidays (Hyperlinked One click to display and second click to
    hide)

    I am using a loop to write the data above.

    Any suggested solutions.

    Thanks
    J P Singh, Feb 10, 2004

  2. J P Singh

    Alex Goodey Guest

    This is a client side issue, try asking at a Javascript newsgroup

    Alex Goodey, Feb 10, 2004

  3. J P Singh

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:13:01 -0000, "J P Singh" <noemail@asIhatespam>
    wrote:

    >Hi All
    >
    >I have situation and have not been able to work out the solution wonder if
    >someone can suggest a solution.
    >
    >I have an asp form which displays holidays for an employee for various
    >years.
    >
    >For example the code in a loop will write out the following with the data
    >
    >Holidays 2004
    >Date from Date to Days
    >
    >Holidays 2003
    >Date from Date to Days
    >
    >Holidays 2002
    >Date from Date to Days
    >and so on.
    >
    >What I want to do is to display only the current year holidays and collaspe
    >the rest of them so they can expand if they want to see it and also maintain
    >some king of session state for what they select.

    This is best handled client side, possibly with DHTML layers. Check a
    client side group for pointers on how to do this.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Feb 10, 2004