Hiding data in ASP

J P Singh

Hi All

I have situation and have not been able to work out the solution wonder if
someone can suggest a solution.

I have an asp form which displays holidays for an employee for various
years.

For example the code in a loop will write out the following with the data

Holidays 2004
Date from Date to Days

Holidays 2003
Date from Date to Days

Holidays 2002
Date from Date to Days
and so on.

What I want to do is to display only the current year holidays and collaspe
the rest of them so they can expand if they want to see it and also maintain
some king of session state for what they select.

Hence what I want the page to display is

Holidays 2004 ( this being the current year should be displayed in full by
default
Date from Date to Days

View 2003 Holidays (Hyperlinked One click to display and second click to
hide)
View 2002 Holidays (Hyperlinked One click to display and second click to
hide)

I am using a loop to write the data above.

Any suggested solutions.

Thanks

Jeff Cochran

Hi All

I have situation and have not been able to work out the solution wonder if
someone can suggest a solution.

I have an asp form which displays holidays for an employee for various
years.

For example the code in a loop will write out the following with the data

Holidays 2004
Date from Date to Days

Holidays 2003
Date from Date to Days

Holidays 2002
Date from Date to Days
and so on.

What I want to do is to display only the current year holidays and collaspe
the rest of them so they can expand if they want to see it and also maintain
some king of session state for what they select.

This is best handled client side, possibly with DHTML layers. Check a
client side group for pointers on how to do this.

Jeff