    Fabian
    Visit my website often and for long periods!
    http://www.lajzar.co.uk

    Fabian, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Fabian

    Jon Guest

    how about make you're page a width that won't need one!

    Jon, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Fabian

    Fabian Guest

    Jon hu kiteb:

    > how about make you're page a width that won't need one!

    It doesnt need one. But I use image clipping on this page, and some
    browsers insist on leaving blank space for the non-displaying part of
    the clipped image regardless of whether anything would actually get
    displayed or not.

    Fabian, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Fabian

    Kien Guest

    The answer is No.
    I think best is to redesing your page ie. table etc
    so that the width does not cause horizontal scrolling.

    Kien

    Kien, Jan 1, 2004
  5. When the pieces are non-displaying can you re-size them to height="0" and width="0"? That's how I got around non-vieawble components on a page I was developing.

    --
    George Hester
    __________________________________

    George Hester, Jan 2, 2004
  6. Fabian

    Fabian Guest

    George Hester hu kiteb:

    > When the pieces are non-displaying can you re-size them to height="0"
    > and width="0"? That's how I got around non-vieawble components on a
    > page I was developing.

    I just uploaded a temp version of the page at
    http://www.lajzar.co.uk/virt/temp/index.html

    When you view that block so that it is ahead and to the right, the
    invisible portion of the images falls off the right of the screen, even
    at 1024 screen width (it should normally appear okay on 800 pixel screen
    width).

    Having uploaded, I am wondering just how fast MSIE is at redrawing
    clipped images. I had made these changes to reduce the number of images
    needed in cache (replace 3 images with 1 that is slightly smaller than
    the original total file size), but it looks suspiciously slower.

    Fabian, Jan 2, 2004
  7. This image did not appear:

    http://www.lajzar.co.uk/virt/temp/ua_bg/ua_wilds.jpg

    So I don't think I got the full effest?

    --
    George Hester
    __________________________________

    George Hester, Jan 2, 2004
  8. Fabian

    Fabian Guest

    George Hester hu kiteb:

    > This image did not appear:
    >
    > http://www.lajzar.co.uk/virt/temp/ua_bg/ua_wilds.jpg
    >
    > So I don't think I got the full effest?

    That one is a static image - it won't change in that temp page. It is
    just a placeholder. You can see the full effect at
    http://www.lajzar.co.uk/virt/index.html and then selecting any of the
    indoor worlds.

    What I'm doing with the temp page is creating a different means of
    arriving at the same end, but using a single graphics file for each
    unique wall texture. The problem is that with teh alternate code in
    certain views I get excess screen width used due to the way the clip
    style is interpreted.

    Fabian, Jan 2, 2004
  9. Fabian

    Saqib Amin Guest

    Dear Fabian,

    yes i have a solution that will hide your horizontal bar and not the
    vertical one.. well i also faced this kind of a problem in using Frames,
    my frame size use to increase and decrease dynamically bases on the
    contents of the frames..due to which horizontal height used to display,
    so i did a solution for it i.e, i calculated the height of the table of
    the frame page... and after that i set that table height to the frame
    height it really worked....i got rid of horizontal bar.... this was just
    for hiding horizontal bar not the vertical bar..

    frame.height = table.scrollheight
    hope you find it helpful....

    even then if you find any ambiguity do let me know

    Yours Truly
    Saqib Amin

    Saqib Amin, Jan 2, 2004