    (With media="all" I hid my CSS from old browsers.)
    --

    chlori

    chlori, Jul 6, 2003

  2. chlori

    picayunish Guest

    When chlori was making a web page, a :-? appears and wrote:
    > Hello

    Good day

    > I have a navigation relying on javascript. I want to add another
    > navigation for browsers with javascript turned off.
    > So, I want to hide the javascript-navigation from browsers without
    > javascript
    > and hide the nonjavascript-navigation from browsers with javascript
    > enabled.
    >
    > BTW both navigations would be in divs, positioned with CSS.
    > Any solutions?

    Can try it with <noscript> for the alternative navigation (non Javascript).

    > Or is that not a good idea what I'm trying?

    IMHO use the non Javascript for the navigation. You don't have to think
    about what kind of navigation the page has.
    Everybody is happy.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart (Geen familie van....)
    http://www.semi-conductors.nl/ PHP Redirect to semi-conductor.nl

    picayunish, Jul 6, 2003

  3. chlori

    chlori Guest

    chlori, Jul 7, 2003
  4. In article <bebf5d$gap$-plus.net>, says...
    > "spaghetti" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    > > It sounds right I guess. Maybe this could come in handy for you:
    > >
    > > http://www.gazingus.org/dhtml/?id=109

    > The expandable menu:
    >
    > When i click on "Help" an then "Contact us", then I want to get to a page
    > where
    > i have included the same navigation BUT the menu "Help" should be expanded,
    > when the page loads....

    Not entirely sure what you mean, but how about:

    http://porjes.com/jsmenus/jssidemenu3.html

    The javascript checks if a li has a class of 'show' & if so pins it
    open.

    Jacqui or (maybe) Pete, Jul 7, 2003