hiding linkbuttons on masterpage

JohnE

I have a masterpage that has a row of linkbuttons on it. These linkbuttons
open up the different applications that are being developed. The number of
linkbuttons will continue to grow from the current 3 to at least 7 (possibly
more). The webapps are using a nested master page inheriting from the master
page which includes the css so the look and feel to the users is consistent.
The website opens to a specific webapp (a type of message center) and the
others can then be opened by using one of the linkbuttons. Each webapp opens
in its own window (Target="_blank"). When the webapp does open, the row of
linkbuttons show on the masterpage. The preference is to hide them when a
webapp opens so the user is not able to use them. This would only be for the
open webapp. Is there a way to hide the linkbuttons on the masterpage when
the webapps are opened up from the linkbuttons?

I have tried the following line but it does not seem to work, or I'm putting
it in the wrong place.

Page.Master.FindControl("hlnkProteus").Visible = false;

Thanks for the help on this. May need some specifics on this as my asp.net
is not that proficient.

.... John

Abdul Sami

Try this

in c#
LinkButton lnkBtnActivate = (LinkButton)Master.FindControl("lnkBtnActivate");
lnkBtnActivate.Visible = false;

in vb it would be
Dim lnkBtnActivate As LinkButton =
DirectCast(Master.FindControl("lnkBtnActivate"), LinkButton)
lnkBtnActivate.Visible = False

JohnE

They are actually hyperlinks rather then linkbuttons. Also, I would put this
as code-behind but in the page load of the nested masterpage?

.... John

Abdul Sami

I couldn't understand the problem exactly , but here are three things which
you can do:

1: to hide masterpage's masterpage control
Master.Master.FindControl("HyperLink1").Visible = false;

2: onclick of linkbutton let it open a new application and call a server
side or javascript function to hide the linkbutton you want to hide for the
current page

3: you can call a javascript function of parent window from child window by
window.opener.functionname()
and from there you can show hide the things