Hiding menus !!Javascript

raavi

Hi all
I am involved in an application that is using menus. on clicking on
the corresponding column of a table the menu has to be displayed.the
problem i have to solve is that menu will stay there until click on
some other displaying points or it wll remain forever until i am
refreshing the jsp page.i want to hide the menu if a click is made on
some other part of the page other than the corresponding column of the
table.how is this possible? if anyone knows please reply me at the
earliest.
Thanks in advance