    Hope you get the drift. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Dynamo
    Dynamo, Nov 24, 2004

  2. Dynamo

    Philip Ronan Guest

    Dynamo wrote:

    > Hi again,
    >
    > My web is stored on 2 different servers. One is SSL shared space and the other
    > is a normal windows server for my homepage. When I redirect from my homepage
    > the SSL, the address of the SSL is is displayed which has some god damn awful
    > name like http://vault.secured-ssl.co.uk/thenameofmysslfolder/index.htm
    >
    > Is there any way using html that I can change the address displayed in the
    > internet explorer address bar.
    >
    > What would be nice is if it displayed http://mywebsite/ssl/index.htm even
    > though
    > it is displaying the info from the SSL URL.

    You can't do that.

    --
    phil [dot] ronan @ virgin [dot] net
    http://vzone.virgin.net/phil.ronan/
    Philip Ronan, Nov 24, 2004

  3. Dynamo

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Dynamo wrote:

    > the address of the SSL is is displayed which has some god damn awful
    > name like http://vault.secured-ssl.co.uk/thenameofmysslfolder/index.htm

    ^^^

    > What would be nice is if it displayed http://mywebsite/ssl/index.htm

    ^^^

    Neither of them look very convincing as SSL-protected web pages!

    Answer: No you can't. Imagine the problems that could cause.

    I don't like my URL http://evil-bastard.com/steal-your-money.cgi. It would
    be nice if it was displayed http://citibank.com/login.cgi.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS