    Are there other ways then <div> to make objects or part of a page
    hidden/visible?

    Regards
    Harry Bellafonte, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Harry Bellafonte

    Arne Guest

    Once upon a time *Harry Bellafonte* wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Are there other ways then <div> to make objects or part of a page
    > hidden/visible?
    >
    > Regards

    Comment? Everything between <!-- and --> is not visible on the page.

    --
    /Arne

    are replying to, no more and no less! And don't
    quote signatures, thank you.
    Arne, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Harry Bellafonte

    dorayme Guest

    > From: "Harry Bellafonte" <>

    > Are there other ways then <div> to make objects or part of a page
    > hidden/visible?

    Is there a standard div way *as opposed* to a p way or h way or span way?

    What do you want to hide? You can hide a personally useful link like a
    validation checker site with a full stop somewhere (sometimes of the same
    colour as the background, sometimes not even that to help *you* find it) in
    some corner or even some crowded bit... to save the trouble of using a
    bookmark or in an effort at modesty to avoid displaying the W3C validated
    logo but retaining the link...

    And then of course, there is fancy for fancy purposes, I leave that to those
    more knowledgeable...

    dorayme
    dorayme, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Harry Bellafonte

    mark | r Guest

    document.getelementbyid('idname').style.display="none"

    mark

    mark | r, Jun 30, 2005
  5. Harry Bellafonte

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Harry Bellafonte quothed

    > Hi
    >
    > Are there other ways then <div> to make objects or part of a page
    > hidden/visible?

    Make the text the same color as the background.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Harry Bellafonte

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
    <> writing in news:MPG.1d2ecab92bc5defe9896a2
    @news.intergate.com:

    > With neither quill nor qualm, Harry Bellafonte quothed
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Are there other ways then <div> to make objects or part of a page
    >> hidden/visible?

    > Make the text the same color as the background.

    Only one problem with that. Google will penalize for that, even though it
    might be for a practical, innocent reason that has nothing to do with SEO.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
    Adrienne, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Harry Bellafonte

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Adrienne quothed

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
    > <> writing in news:MPG.1d2ecab92bc5defe9896a2
    > @news.intergate.com:
    >
    > > With neither quill nor qualm, Harry Bellafonte quothed
    > >
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> Are there other ways then <div> to make objects or part of a page
    > >> hidden/visible?

    > > Make the text the same color as the background.
    > >

    > Only one problem with that. Google will penalize for that, even though it
    > might be for a practical, innocent reason that has nothing to do with SEO.

    I dunno how good Google is, but I've done -

    style="background-color:#000000; color:#000001;"

    and <sly grin> only I know it's there.

    As far as Google and search engines in general go, I really despise
    them. Most often, the best sites I've found aren't even listed at all
    (-or after a googleplex or 2 of listed items.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Jul 2, 2005