    to conceal it that way also...i am willing to go without the popup...

    thanks alot
    mike
    mike, Jun 4, 2004

  2. mike

    Neal Guest

    http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/hidesource.htm
    Neal, Jun 4, 2004

  3. mike

    rf Guest

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    > Can someone please tell me how i can create a page so that it will open in
    > another window and the address bar will not show...and they cannot
    > right-click on it... Im trying to keep this page's url hidden so that it
    > isnt hotlinked...

    A complete waste of time. Don't even bother.

    > An example of a good job of hiding the URL that i can see
    > is at this site -
    > http://www.lighthouseweather.com/home.asp
    > the drop down scroll menu from the "Lightning" link....click on "Static
    > Trac"... I tried everything to try to find out that page's url and
    > couldnt...

    No, this is not a good example at all.

    Using IE, navigate to the page and then press Ctrl N. This opens a new
    window with all the chrome back, inluding the address bar. The URL is
    http://www.lighthouseweather.com/staticlightning.htm

    See, one keyboard gesture :)

    > Also, im thinking about doing it without the pop-up too... if there is a

    way
    > to conceal it that way also...i am willing to go without the popup...

    No, you cannot change my existing browser window.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jun 4, 2004
  4. mike

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:07:12 -0400, mike
    <> declared in alt.html:

    > Can someone please tell me how i can create a page so that it will open in
    > another window and the address bar will not show

    No. First, if I want a new window opened, I'll do it myself. Second,
    there is no way you can stop the address bar from showing on my browser.
    The only way to stop the address from changing when a new page loads is
    by using frames, it's still easy to find the page address, and it causes
    lots of other problems anyway.

    > ...and they cannot right-click on it...

    Can in my browser.

    > Im trying to keep this page's url hidden so that it isnt hotlinked...

    ?? You don't want people linking to your page? Why on earth not? What if
    I find it and want to bookmark it so I can look at it later? Or send the
    link to someone else?

    If by hotlinking you mean them linking to it in frames on their own site
    or something that's a different matter, and trying to hide the URL isn't
    the solution.

    > An example of a good job of hiding the URL that i can see
    > is at this site -
    > http://www.lighthouseweather.com/home.asp

    'Nuff said.

    > the drop down scroll menu from the "Lightning" link....click on "Static
    > Trac"...

    What drop down scroll menu? Oh, it only works in IE.

    > I tried everything to try to find out that page's url and

    http://www.lighthouseweather.com/staticlightning.htm

    > couldnt...

    Press F11.

    > im sure you wiz kids could figure it out.... But most normal
    > people couldnt..

    That doesn't change the fact that there is no reason to stop them in the
    first place.

    > If you guys could tell me how to get my page like that it
    > would be much appreciated..

    You don't want to make your page like that.

    > Also, im thinking about doing it without the pop-up too... if there is a way
    > to conceal it that way also...i am willing to go without the popup...

    Very generous of you.

    Stop wanting it in the first place. What is it you are really trying to
    achieve?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jun 4, 2004
  5. Mark Parnell wrote:
    > On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:07:12 -0400, mike
    > <> declared in alt.html:
    >

    >> Im trying to keep this page's url hidden so that it isnt hotlinked...

    > ?? You don't want people linking to your page? Why on earth not?

    There are reasons I can think of.

    OP. why not put something in you .htaccess file (if exists) that will reject
    referers other than you own site?
    Disco Octopus, Jun 4, 2004
  6. mike

    Kurt Weber Guest

    <SNIP>

    I come back after about three years and lurk for five weeks. Just when I
    think people have finally gotten over this nonsense, here it is again!

    --
    Kurt Weber
    Kurt Weber, Jun 4, 2004
  7. mike

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 22:36:50 -0500, Kurt Weber <> declared
    in alt.html:

    > I come back after about three years and lurk for five weeks. Just when I
    > think people have finally gotten over this nonsense, here it is again!

    It's always the same. Nothing ever changes. Ho hum.

    Mark Parnell, Jun 4, 2004
  8. mike

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>, mike111111_
    says...
    > Can someone please tell me how i can create a page so that it will open in
    > another window and the address bar will not show...and they cannot
    > right-click on it...

    The people you WANT to hide it from, can all see it. The people that
    you actually COULD hide it from, don't care about your code (most don't
    even know you can see the code if you wanted to.)

    It is a complete waste of time for you. But if you must, search google
    for "javascript and right click" You will be rewarded with tons of
    variations. For a popup search google for "popup window generator" You
    will be rewarded with a ton of pages that show you exactly how to
    control a popup window.
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Jun 4, 2004
  9. mike

    rf Guest

    "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message

    > But if you must, search google
    > for "javascript and right click"

    Oh, my. Please don't suggest this, even in jest. Some day some newbie will
    find your post in the archive and think that no right click scripts are a
    good thing.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Jun 4, 2004
  10. mike wrote:

    > Can someone please tell me how i can create a page so that it will open in
    > another window and the address bar will not show...and they cannot
    > right-click on it... Im trying to keep this page's url hidden so that it
    > isnt hotlinked... An example of a good job of hiding the URL that i can see
    > is at this site -
    > http://www.lighthouseweather.com/home.asp
    > the drop down scroll menu from the "Lightning" link....click on "Static
    > Trac"... I tried everything to try to find out that page's url and
    > couldnt... im sure you wiz kids could figure it out.... But most normal
    > people couldnt.. If you guys could tell me how to get my page like that it
    > would be much appreciated..
    >
    > Also, im thinking about doing it without the pop-up too... if there is a way
    > to conceal it that way also...i am willing to go without the popup...
    >
    > thanks alot
    > mike

    well I visited that page, couldn't read the text so increased the size
    twice. Then I couldn't find your link. As it turns out after much
    searching it was because the page is very badly designed and increasing
    the size meant that the link "moved" and was black, on a black background.

    When I clicked it, it opened up a new window to this URL:

    http://www.lighthouseweather.com/tracreport.txt

    that was in my address bar.

    So if you want to do that:

    --