HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowExcept

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Francis Reed, Feb 28, 2006.

  1. Francis Reed

    Francis Reed Guest

    Francis Reed, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Francis Reed

    DWS Guest

    Francis,
    I've used that code as starting point for building a custom
    hierarchiacaldatasourcecontrol. Can you give the group a little more
    information on the error, like which line of code generated the error maybe.

    Thanks
    DWS

    DWS, Mar 2, 2006

  3. RE: HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowEx

    LS,

    The following must make it but it isn't an elegant way.
    I think there is an bug in designer.

    FileSystemDataSourceView fsdsv = new FileSystemDataSourceView();
    TreeView1.DataSource = fsdsv.Select();
    TreeView1.DataBind();

    Greetz,

    Joey Chömpff

    Joey Chömpff, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Francis Reed

    Francis Reed Guest

    RE: HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowEx

    Hi

    Yes, I tried that too, and it did work. As you said, the other way of
    dropping the controls in the designer doesn't work. I hope they fix it soon.

    Cheers
    Francis

    Francis Reed, Apr 3, 2006
  5. RE: HierarchicalDataSourceControl Class and System.StackOverflowEx

    That's strange and you have implemented it in the pageload?

    Joey Chömpff, Apr 3, 2006