Hierarchy in Schematic-VHDL Design

ALuPin

Hi,

in QuartusII v4.2 SP1
I have the following problem:

My top level file is a schematic file called
"H_top.bdf"

In this top level file I have several symbols, for example
"cache_search.bsf".

The component cache_search is also a schematic file from which
I created a .vhd file in Quartus
so that I have one "cache_search.bdf" and one "cache_search.vhd"
which are of course identical.

Now in my top level file I include under PROJECT --> ADD/REMOVE FILES
IN PROJECT the file "H_top.bdf"
Under USER LIBRARIES I include the directory in which the
"cache_search.bdf"
and "cache_search.vhd" are included.

When I click on the symbol "cache_search.bsf" in the top level
schematic "H_top.bdf" file
the "cache_search.vhd" is opened.
I would like to choose whether to look at the "cache_search.vhd" or
the
"cache_search.bdf" ...

How can I do that ?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Rgds
André

Subroto Datta

When you diuble click on a symbol in the bdf the behavior is to open the
design file that was used as part of the compilation. In this case it was
the file with the vhd extension (as a vhd extension has a higher priority
than a bdf extension). If you want to open the bdf instead do a File Open,
traverse to the directory which has te bdf file and open it.

If you want the bdf file to be used for compilation, add the bdf file
explicitly to the file list.

Hope this helps,
Subroto Datta
Altera Corp.