    endorsed by the community.

    Thanks,
    Paulo

    Paulo Pinto, Aug 23, 2005

  2. Paulo Pinto

    Guest

    Paulo Pinto wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there any Python library similar to NET::FTP from Perl?
    > ftplib seems too lowlevel.
    >
    > I already found a few, but would like to get one that is
    > endorsed by the community.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paulo

    Have you looked at ftputil?

    http://www.sschwarzer.net/python/python_software.html

    , Aug 23, 2005

  3. Paulo Pinto wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there any Python library similar to NET::FTP from Perl?
    > ftplib seems too lowlevel.
    >
    > I already found a few, but would like to get one that is
    > endorsed by the community.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Paulo

    libftp sucks just look at how it's written such evil code!
    Not that I know of, write your own based on libftp good luck!

    Jonas Geiregat, Aug 23, 2005
  4. In article <7NGOe.6737$>,
    "Paulo Pinto" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Is there any Python library similar to NET::FTP from Perl?
    >ftplib seems too lowlevel.
    >
    >I already found a few, but would like to get one that is
    >endorsed by the community.

    Try urllib or urllib2; these are included with python. urllib2 is newer
    but only works for anonymous ftp. Caveat: I ran into trouble doing
    multiple simultaneous ftp using urllib. I have not used urllib2.

    Another possibility is Twisted Framework. It has a bit of a learning
    curve but is well regarded. If you plan to do a lot with networking you
    should definitely check it out.

    -- Russell

    Russell E. Owen, Aug 23, 2005
  5. I've used the ftputil package before with some success. It's not bad, but it
    really depends on what you're trying to do. If you write a couple of custom
    functions to get you started, you should be able to put those in a module and
    re-use as needed.

    I know that I had to code my own stuff to handle some non-standard FTP flavors
    for some of our partners. Knowing how to work ftplib was pretty helpful at that
    point as ftputil didn't support those versions of FTP. It still did a great job
    for regular stuff, but not for that.

    Hope that helps some.

    -Pete

    Peter A. Schott, Aug 23, 2005