High Performance Xml parser

rony_16

Hi,
I am looking for component which allows me to parse my xml file.
the reason i am asking this, is because my xml files are huge it can
reach as far as 1GB more or less.
the time to parse such a file is something like 5 Hours.
Now i am using the XmlRead, XmlNode ... (I do not load the file to the
memory).
Can you suggest better components to use?

** I tried SAX but i couldn't understand how it works, because there is
no examples for .net , and very bad documentation.
p.s : I am writing in C#.

Regards, Rony

Guest

An XML text reader will be the fastest way to read through it I think but its
going to be slow anyway to move through that much XML, I would suggest
getting them cut up at source and if that isnt possible then explain what you
want to do with the information in them for a more detailed suggestion.

HTH

Ciaran O'Donnell
http://wannabedeveloper.spaces.live.com

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Hey Rony,

Wow! 1 GB XML? That's a lot of XML! Is it possible to try and trim
down the XML files at source to be more manageable? I'm not sure you
can find a parser faster than the XML reader, and if you do I doubt it
will be significantly faster.

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

the XmlReader is a forward only cursor pretty simular to Sax.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)