    no examples for .net , and very bad documentation.
    p.s : I am writing in C#.

    Regards, Rony

    rony_16, Nov 27, 2006

  2. An XML text reader will be the fastest way to read through it I think but its
    going to be slow anyway to move through that much XML, I would suggest
    getting them cut up at source and if that isnt possible then explain what you
    want to do with the information in them for a more detailed suggestion.

    HTH

    Ciaran O'Donnell
    http://wannabedeveloper.spaces.live.com

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIE8nJ0Rvbm5lbGw=?=, Nov 27, 2006

  3. Hey Rony,

    Wow! 1 GB XML? That's a lot of XML! Is it possible to try and trim
    down the XML files at source to be more manageable? I'm not sure you
    can find a parser faster than the XML reader, and if you do I doubt it
    will be significantly faster.

    --

    Bits.Bytes.
    http://bytes.thinkersroom.com

    Rad [Visual C# MVP], Nov 27, 2006
  4. the XmlReader is a forward only cursor pretty simular to Sax.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Nov 27, 2006