highlighting a menu - a seemingly simple task....

tiewknvc9

Hi,

Ive created a right click menu on a JTree that opens up to display 3
menuitems. i thought that the default behavior for all menus was that
when a mouse is over a selection, that menuitem is highlighted...

Unfortunately this is not happening, instead the menu is selectable,
only it is not highlighting the row that the mouse is over.

any ideas?

zero

Hi,

Ive created a right click menu on a JTree that opens up to display 3
menuitems. i thought that the default behavior for all menus was that
when a mouse is over a selection, that menuitem is highlighted...

Unfortunately this is not happening, instead the menu is selectable,
only it is not highlighting the row that the mouse is over.

any ideas?

Have you tested with different JREs and on different platforms? Off the
top of my head I can't think of any code problem that would cause this.
I'd say start testing, write different small programs that each have a
popup menu and see where the same thing happens, or does not happen. If
you make an applet that has the same problem other people could see if they
have it too.