Highlighting text with jpg background.

Ed

I'm trying to put a page on my website

http://www.egoldmidincd.com/about_angel.html

(Yes, I know I messed up the /P> and will fix that. And yes, this
version of the page has a neutral background.

Can I put a highlighted light-color frame around the text so it's
possible to read with a figure of the Angel (my digital jpg) behind it?
Is it necessary to do this with tables or is their an easier way?

Thanks,

Ed

John Hosking

Ed said:
I'm trying to put a page on my website

http://www.egoldmidincd.com/about_angel.html

(Yes, I know I messed up the /P> and will fix that.

I don't know what you mean here. There are many things messed up in your
code, but I don't see what you mean about the /P>
And yes, this version of the page has a neutral background.

I don't understand what you mean here, either.
Can I put a highlighted light-color frame around the text so it's
possible to read with a figure of the Angel (my digital jpg) behind it?

What do you mean by highlighted? A frame around the text is easy.
Providing a colored background behind it is easy, too. Making the
background transparent is not always so easy, but can be done. But I
don't understand what you want yet.
Is it necessary to do this with tables or is their an easier way?

No, tables are neither necessary nor desirable here.