Highlighting text with jpg background.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Ed, May 15, 2007.

  1. Ed

    Ed Guest

    I'm trying to put a page on my website

    http://www.egoldmidincd.com/about_angel.html

    (Yes, I know I messed up the /P> and will fix that. And yes, this
    version of the page has a neutral background.

    Can I put a highlighted light-color frame around the text so it's
    possible to read with a figure of the Angel (my digital jpg) behind it?
    Is it necessary to do this with tables or is their an easier way?

    Thanks,

    Ed

    --
    home page: http:..www.egoldmidincd.com

    Ed, May 15, 2007

  2. Ed

    John Hosking Guest

    Ed wrote:
    > I'm trying to put a page on my website
    >
    > http://www.egoldmidincd.com/about_angel.html
    >
    > (Yes, I know I messed up the /P> and will fix that.

    I don't know what you mean here. There are many things messed up in your
    code, but I don't see what you mean about the /P>

    > And yes, this version of the page has a neutral background.

    I don't understand what you mean here, either.

    > Can I put a highlighted light-color frame around the text so it's
    > possible to read with a figure of the Angel (my digital jpg) behind it?

    What do you mean by highlighted? A frame around the text is easy.
    Providing a colored background behind it is easy, too. Making the
    background transparent is not always so easy, but can be done. But I
    don't understand what you want yet.

    > Is it necessary to do this with tables or is their an easier way?

    No, tables are neither necessary nor desirable here.

    --
    John
    John Hosking, May 16, 2007