    mode.

    Thanks

    Atul

    Atul Bhingarde, Jul 9, 2007

  2. Atul Bhingarde

    Steve Holden Guest

    Atul Bhingarde wrote:
    > Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
    > development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
    > mode.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Atul

    Wind IDE is great for debugging GUI-based programs - you can set
    breakpoints in event-handling routines and see them activate when your
    program responds to mouse clicks and so on.

    http://wingware.com/

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +1 571 484 6266 +1 800 494 3119

    Steve Holden, Jul 10, 2007

  3. Atul Bhingarde wrote:
    > Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
    > development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
    > mode.

    Boa Constructor? wxGlade embedded in some other software (SPE?) XRCed?
    What do you mean by "real time mode"?

    - Josiah

    Josiah Carlson, Jul 10, 2007
  4. What I want to see is that it is possible to create a python based
    application in a environment where I can see the results as I am creating
    it, specifically gui widgets (from say TK). This will provide a robust
    mechanism to see gui layout as well.

    Thanks

    Atul Bhingarde, Jul 10, 2007
  5. I liked what the Wing IDE provides, one question though will it provide
    facility like creating the GUI widgets (say using TK) and facilitaate layout
    for the same and then run the script ?

    Thanks

    Atul Bhingarde, Jul 10, 2007
  6. Atul Bhingarde wrote:

    > What I want to see is that it is possible to create a python based
    > application in a environment where I can see the results as I am
    > creating it, specifically gui widgets (from say TK). This will
    > provide a robust mechanism to see gui layout as well.

    Py is an IDE for Python/wxPython that, AFAICS, does what you look
    for.

    http://www.wxpython.org/py.php

    Regards,

    Björn

    --
    BOFH excuse #318:

    Your EMAIL is now being delivered by the USPS.

    Bjoern Schliessmann, Jul 10, 2007
  7. Atul Bhingarde

    Peter Decker Guest

    On 7/10/07, Atul Bhingarde <> wrote:
    > What I want to see is that it is possible to create a python based
    > application in a environment where I can see the results as I am creating
    > it, specifically gui widgets (from say TK). This will provide a robust
    > mechanism to see gui layout as well.

    This isn't for Tk, but for wxPython-based development, but you might
    want to look at Dabo's visual tools. Their Class Designer allows you
    to visually develop your application's windows, allowing you to focus
    on coding the logic instead of having to guess how what your UI will
    look like.

    Check out the screencasts (hey, how else can you see the advantage of
    a visual tool?) at http://dabodev.com/documentation. The best ones to
    start with are the two on 'Building a Database App in the Class
    Designer'. They show some of the database connectivity stuff, too, but
    that's not required. I create apps without databases all the time with
    Dabo.
    --

    # p.d.

    Peter Decker, Jul 10, 2007
  8. Atul Bhingarde

    Guest

    On Jul 9, 5:14 pm, "Atul Bhingarde" <> wrote:
    > Does anybody know an editor that facilitates, interactive python
    > development. Where GUI etc developed will be possible to see in real time
    > mode.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Atul

    Have a look at UliPad: