HIGHLY URGENT: Does Passport authentication pass on to web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Lopamudra, Jan 18, 2005.

  1. Lopamudra

    Lopamudra Guest

    I have 2 webservers, one running a web application and the
    other a web service. The web application calls a web method of the web
    service internally to get some data. This web application is a passport
    enabled site, hence when the user logs on, it requests the user to log in
    with passport.

    Both the web application and the web service use the PassportIdentity
    object to retrieve the ClientPUID of the user. So we have installed the
    Passport SDK on both the web servers.

    My question is, If the user gets authenticated against passport in the web
    application (web server1), will he be automatically authenticated in the web
    service (in web server2) called by the web application. Basically I should be
    able to retrieve the ClientPUID in the web service also without
    reauthentication.

    Please treat this as VERY VERY URGENT.

    Lopamudra, Jan 18, 2005