hit IE back button

Alan Wang

Hi there,

I am having a problem with my asp.net web pages. If user hit BACK button on
IE and then click some other web controls on the web page. the page goes to
blank page. Anyone has the solution for this?

Alan

Alan Wang

Following is the error message when user hit BACK button on IE and then
click other web controls on the web page

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.HobokenNJ at
HobokenNJ.vdata.totalAD.perfectAD.Utility.RecordError(Exception eError,
EventLogEntryType enumType) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\HobokenNJ\components\Utility.vb:line 87
at HobokenNJ.Get_Price.btnCalculate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\HobokenNJ\Get_Price.aspx.vb:line 417
at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at
eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler
sourceControl, String eventArgument)
at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)

But if user doesn't hit BACK button and the page works fine. At the same
time I checked error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
I did create a object. I don't know what's going on.

Alan

Aidy

What is the code around line 87 of utility.vb and 417 of get_price.aspx?

I guess that when navigating along a normal flow your page is getting
certain data, but when going "back|" it isn't so some error is happening.
Can't you just step through your code line by line to see what is happening
when you go "back" and how it differs from normal?

Alan Wang

417 of get_price.aspx
myUtility.RecordError(ex, Diagnostics.EventLogEntryType.Error)

and myUntility define as:

Dim myUtility As vdata.totalAD.perfectAD.Utility = New
vdata.totalAD.perfectAD.Utility

Blank line(wired)

Alan