Hitting Oracle from an ASP page

curious_Lee

An error keeps popping up on my ASP application connecting to an Oracle 9i
database via a SELECT statement:

Item cannot be found in the collection
corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

However, if I put it an "On Error Resume Next", it works fine, and is able
to return the value in question. The SELECT also works fine on the database
itself. Here's the SELECT,

sqlstr = "select f_get_dept_name('123') dept_name from myschema.tbl_xyz"

sqlstr = sqlstr & " where tbl_xzy_id = 4567"

What in the world is going on??

Turkbear

An error keeps popping up on my ASP application connecting to an Oracle 9i
database via a SELECT statement:

Item cannot be found in the collection
corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

However, if I put it an "On Error Resume Next", it works fine, and is able
to return the value in question. The SELECT also works fine on the database
itself. Here's the SELECT,

sqlstr = "select f_get_dept_name('123') dept_name from myschema.tbl_xyz"

sqlstr = sqlstr & " where tbl_xzy_id = 4567"

What in the world is going on??

Can you post the line that causes the error..Also, have you run the Sql created by the code directly?

( Use a Response.Write(sqlstr) to see exactly what is being sent to the database).

curious_Lee

Art,

Here's the other response.