<HL> deprecated?

Barry Pearson

kayodeok wrote:
[snip]
This website has some observations on styling <hr> though I am not
sure if it's what you want:

Styling <hr>
http://www.sovavsiti.cz/css/hr.html

I use something rather different. It works in my test browsers (IE 5, IE 6,
Firefox 0.8, Netscape 7.1, and Opera 7.23). Where does it fail? Variants on:

hr { height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px 0 0 0; border-color:
#770000; }

This enables me to use just <hr> as the mark-up. The hr itself doesn't show,
but its top border shows. (You can obviously change the values).

(I actually use decendent selectors to decide the border-color, but that
doesn't change the logic).

Toby A Inkster

Paul said:
So you can't nest a div in an a-href. Hmph.

Not directly, no. But try:

Should validate, but may cause problems in various browsers.