HL7 and HAPI

Discussion in 'Java' started by Dan, Oct 13, 2003.

  1. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to write an HL7 wrapper in my Java app. I have stumbled
    across HAPI, which seems to have everything I need. However, the only
    thing I can find with regards to documentation of HAPI is the Java
    Doc. This is great and all, but I would really like a bit more, such
    as examples. There are a few on their site,
    http://hl7api.sourceforge.net/, but they are very basic. I need
    something a bit more.

    Has anyone emplemented anything using HAPI? Are there any good
    examples online anywhere? Has anyone maybe found a better tool than
    HAPI? I have found references to different tools, but HAPI seems to
    be the most common.

    Seeing as how I know very little about HL7 and HAPI, I could use
    whatever help you can offer.

    Thanks
    Dan

    Dan, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Dan

    Dan Guest

    Anyone? Come on, if you know anything about HAPI I would greatly
    appreciate some extra insight ... or even a good place to get free HL7
    documentation. I have much of it working, and I am sure I will have
    what I need done soon, but it would be nice to have a broader
    understanding than what is the minimum requirement.

    Thanks again
    Dan

    Dan, Oct 15, 2003

  3. Dan

    Sudsy Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > Anyone? Come on, if you know anything about HAPI I would greatly
    > appreciate some extra insight ... or even a good place to get free HL7
    > documentation. I have much of it working, and I am sure I will have
    > what I need done soon, but it would be nice to have a broader
    > understanding than what is the minimum requirement.
    >
    > Thanks again
    > Dan

    Maybe you're not getting any responses because the focus of HL7
    is so narrow that few people are using it? You're blazing the
    trail here; don't be surprised that others aren't familiar with
    a niche messaging system.

    Sudsy, Oct 15, 2003
  4. On 15 Oct 2003 06:02:59 -0700, Dan wrote:
    > Anyone? Come on, if you know anything about HAPI I would greatly
    > appreciate some extra insight ... or even a good place to get free
    > HL7 documentation. I have much of it working, and I am sure I will
    > have what I need done soon, but it would be nice to have a broader
    > understanding than what is the minimum requirement.

    You are more likely to find people with domain knowledge in e.g.
    sci.med.informatics or one of the other sci.med.* newsgroups. Lots of
    programmers read those groups too.

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, Oct 15, 2003