    Any help is greately appreciated.

    Regards,
    Srini

    perlUSER, Nov 26, 2005

  2. perlUSER

    Guest

    perlUSER wrote:
    > I am wondering whether there is a perl sys function to retrieve the
    > account_locked flag. I tried the getpwnam() function but didn't get
    > much help.
    >
    > `lsuser -a account_locked $user_id` returns ==> $user_id
    > account_locked=false/true

    I have an 'lsuser' command on my AIX machine at work, but I don't think
    this is a "standard" U*IX command. AIX/SMIT can get really, really,
    really granular on user account settings (and especially when you throw
    DCE into the mix). I don't have a 'lsuser' command on my SuSE 9.3 Pro
    system at home (and I don't even see that this Linux distribution even
    has such a thing as an account_locked flag - and I don't recall such an
    user account flag on Mandrake or Fedora).

    I think this is a very OS-specific concept. I doubt you will find a
    general Perl abstraction module for it, so you're stuck with shelling
    out to the OS (yuck).

    But I could be wrong (and the fastest way to find out you're wrong is
    to say it in usenet).

    , Nov 27, 2005