HMAC-MD5

RM

Hello all

Is HMAC-MD5 supported on the .NET 1.1 framework? Some of the information that I have come across seems like it indicates that it is not supported
What I am trying to do is to generate a trust_key based on this
TRUST_KEY = HMAC("MD5",Secret_key,user_id), I am not sure how to implement this in C#, asp.net. I am able to generate a secret key and the user id of course is known

Thank

Hernan de Lahitte

You don't have the HMACMD5 in v1.1., only HMACSHA1 and MACTripleDES. You
might use any of this algs.

You have a complete sample at http://ncrypto.sourceforge.net
Check out the one of the overloads of CryptoHelper.ComputeKeyedHash()

Regards,
--
Hernan de Lahitte
Lagash Systems S.A.