    What I am trying to do is to generate a trust_key based on this
    TRUST_KEY = HMAC("MD5",Secret_key,user_id), I am not sure how to implement this in C#, asp.net. I am able to generate a secret key and the user id of course is known

    Thank
    RM, Apr 15, 2004

  2. You don't have the HMACMD5 in v1.1., only HMACSHA1 and MACTripleDES. You
    might use any of this algs.

    You have a complete sample at http://ncrypto.sourceforge.net
    Check out the one of the overloads of CryptoHelper.ComputeKeyedHash()

    Regards,
    --
    Hernan de Lahitte
    Lagash Systems S.A.

    "RM" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is HMAC-MD5 supported on the .NET 1.1 framework? Some of the information

    that I have come across seems like it indicates that it is not supported.

    Hernan de Lahitte, Apr 15, 2004