    MHASH_MD5 in php. Is anyone know how to proceed ?

    Thanks.
    Vincent
    Vince, Sep 26, 2006

  2. Vince wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have to encrypt a string with HMAC-MD5 in asp, like the function
    > MHASH_MD5 in php. Is anyone know how to proceed ?

    I've never done this, but here are some search results that may prove
    useful:
    http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=gd&q=vbscript MD5

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Sep 26, 2006

  3. Vince

    McKirahan Guest

    McKirahan, Sep 26, 2006
  4. Vince

    Vince Guest

    Thanks but I've already found this function md5 in VB. I'd want
    MHASH_MD5 function, wich takes a string and a key as argument :

    mhash(string,key)

    like : http://www.php.net/mhash ($hash = mhash(MHASH_MD5, $input,
    "Jefe");)
    Vince, Sep 26, 2006
  5. Vince

    McKirahan Guest

    "Vince" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks but I've already found this function md5 in VB. I'd want
    > MHASH_MD5 function, wich takes a string and a key as argument :
    >
    > mhash(string,key)
    >
    > like : http://www.php.net/mhash ($hash = mhash(MHASH_MD5, $input,
    > "Jefe");)

    Sorry, I'm not (yet) familiar with HMAC-MD5 or MHASH_MD5.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAC

    "A keyed-hash message authentication code, or HMAC,
    is a type of message authentication code (MAC) calculated
    using a cryptographic hash function in combination with a
    secret key. As with any MAC, it may be used to simultaneously
    verify both the data integrity and the authenticity of a message."

    Hash ActiveX Objects Version 1.3 ($37.50)
    http://www.newobjects.com/product.asp?Category=49

    "This is a collection of fifteen ActiveX objects that implement
    CRC-32 and Adler-32 checksum algorithms, seven cryptographic
    hash (also known as message digest) algorithms, and four algorithms
    for calculating Hash-based Message Authentication Codes (HMAC).
    ... HMAC algorithms are: HMAC-MD5 ...."

    Hashing Software
    http://www.dotnetthis.com/soft/hashing.html
    McKirahan, Sep 26, 2006
  6. Vince wrote:
    > I have to encrypt a string with HMAC-MD5 in asp, like the
    > function MHASH_MD5 in php. Is anyone know how to proceed ?

    Assuming you want to store that hashed value in, say, a database, then you
    could do this language-independently if your DB is SQL Server 2005:

    Dave Anderson

    Dave Anderson, Sep 26, 2006