Ho can I talk with my WebService

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Rudolf Ball, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. Rudolf Ball

    Rudolf Ball Guest

    Dear NG,

    I have a WebService called "CoffeeMachine" and giving the Parameters coffee,
    money, eg. "Cappucino", 20. The caller is a mobile device.

    Now I evaluate the input within the WebService and I see 20 < 50, so you
    gave me not enough money!

    My question is: how could I make technically my my mobile device talking to
    this WebService, so that a "conversation" begins. Or do I need more than one
    WebServices?

    I: Cappucino, 20 cent
    WebService: Not enough money
    I: Cappucino, 50 cent
    WebService: Cappucino is off

    or something like that.

    Thank you very much,

    Rudi

    Rudolf Ball, Feb 22, 2004

  2. Rudolf Ball

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Rudolph,

    If you want synchronous (same connection reply) responses, you will need to
    make multiple calls. In your example you seem to be showing repeated
    request/response, so I'm not sure why your mobile client doesn't just
    connect to the your ASP, and then send a request, get a response, send a
    request, get another response.

    Is the problem that your device connects/disconnects for each request?
    That would seem to be more of an issue with ISP session management than it
    would with web service design.

    Regards

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation