Ho can I talk with my WebService

Rudolf Ball

Dear NG,

I have a WebService called "CoffeeMachine" and giving the Parameters coffee,
money, eg. "Cappucino", 20. The caller is a mobile device.

Now I evaluate the input within the WebService and I see 20 < 50, so you
gave me not enough money!

My question is: how could I make technically my my mobile device talking to
this WebService, so that a "conversation" begins. Or do I need more than one
WebServices?

I: Cappucino, 20 cent
WebService: Not enough money
I: Cappucino, 50 cent
WebService: Cappucino is off

or something like that.

Thank you very much,

Rudi

Dan Rogers

Hi Rudolph,

If you want synchronous (same connection reply) responses, you will need to
make multiple calls. In your example you seem to be showing repeated
request/response, so I'm not sure why your mobile client doesn't just
connect to the your ASP, and then send a request, get a response, send a
request, get another response.

Is the problem that your device connects/disconnects for each request?
That would seem to be more of an issue with ISP session management than it
would with web service design.

Regards

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation