Hoe and GemCutter

James Coglan

Hi all,

This is really targeted at the Hoe developers but I'm asking it here so
everyone can see the response.

In light of http://update.gemcutter.org/2009/10/26/transition.html, will Hoe
be swapping out its Rubyforge publishing features for GemCutter
compatibility? Is it already supported? I use Hoe for all the gems I write
and love its easy publishing, so would be good to get GemCutter support
quickly.

John Barnette

In light of http://update.gemcutter.org/2009/10/26/transition.html, will Hoe
be swapping out its Rubyforge publishing features for GemCutter
compatibility? Is it already supported? I use Hoe for all the gems I write
and love its easy publishing, so would be good to get GemCutter support
quickly.

I'll be rolling initial Gemcutter-style support into the hoe-rubygems
plugin, and we'll see what Ryan thinks about a release of Hoe proper
after that settles down.

~ j.

Tom Copeland

I'll be rolling initial Gemcutter-style support into the hoe-rubygems
plugin, and we'll see what Ryan thinks about a release of Hoe proper
after that settles down.

Yeah, Ara and I were talking about the rubyforge library on that update.gemcutter.org
thread. Probably we'll update the rubyforge library to just stub
out most things but to run a "gem push" at the appropriate time. So
mostly we'll be deleting the other inapplicable functionality
(create_package, add_release, etc.).

But rewriting bits of hoe is probably the right way to go long-term.

Yours,

Tom