Hoe is complaining about the README.markdown file

Raj Singh

I have released a gem on github.
http://github.com/neerajdotname/javascript_lab/tree/master

sudo gem install neerajdotname-javascript_lab
$> javascript_lab

This gem works. However hoe failed somewhere in README.markdown.

This is the error I get.
rake check_manifest
(in /Users/nkumar/dev/working/javascript_lab)
** README.markdown is missing or in the wrong format for auto-intuiting.
run `sow blah` and look at its text files
rm -r doc
rm -r pkg
exclude entry missing from .hoerc. Aborting.

README.markdown is there. So it must auto-intuiting thing. I did 'sow
README.markdown' but could not understand the output very well.

Any thoughts on how to fix my README.

Aaron Patterson

I have released a gem on github.
http://github.com/neerajdotname/javascript_lab/tree/master

sudo gem install neerajdotname-javascript_lab
$> javascript_lab

This gem works. However hoe failed somewhere in README.markdown.

This is the error I get.

(in /Users/nkumar/dev/working/javascript_lab)
** README.markdown is missing or in the wrong format for auto-intuiting.
run `sow blah` and look at its text files
rm -r doc
rm -r pkg
exclude entry missing from .hoerc. Aborting.

README.markdown is there. So it must auto-intuiting thing. I did 'sow
README.markdown' but could not understand the output very well.

Any thoughts on how to fix my README.

Basically you are missing the URL from your readme.

I've forked your repository, fixed the README and improved your
Rakefile:

http://github.com/tenderlove/javascript_lab/commit/4fc35caa77d65cf68b835c8214e8cc0c8f85ffb4

Your Rakefile is now shorter, and you no longer have to repeat the
summary, description, and urls!

Hope that helps!

James Britt

Aaron said:
I've forked your repository, fixed the README and improved your
Rakefile:

http://github.com/tenderlove/javascript_lab/commit/4fc35caa77d65cf68b835c8214e8cc0c8f85ffb4

Your Rakefile is now shorter, and you no longer have to repeat the
summary, description, and urls!

Hope that helps!

Wow.

I tried

sudo gem i aaron_patterson

but it failed.

Where's the gem that will fix my code for me?

:)

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com - Smart application development