    a kind of clergy then there is something wrong with
    the language.

    , May 29, 2008

  2. Jason Cavett Guest

    On May 29, 2:13 pm, wrote:
    > I was looking over someone's C++ code today and despite
    > having written perfectly readable C++ code myself,
    > the stuff I was looking at was worse than legalese.
    > The people who are guiding the development of C++
    > have really made a mess of things, I mean templates
    > and competing libraries and all that just render the
    > code impossible to comprehend. Sure there is
    > going to be a certain amount of complexity,
    > that's a given, but if code is not readable except by
    > a kind of clergy then there is something wrong with
    > the language.

    A. You're in a Java forum. Please post this to a C++ forum.
    B. You don't have to understand the language to use it.
    C. You're trolling. If you don't like the language, go offer your
    input to the C++ developers.

    Jason Cavett, May 29, 2008

  3. Jason Cavett Guest

    On May 29, 2:13 pm, wrote:
    > I was looking over someone's C++ code today and despite
    > having written perfectly readable C++ code myself,
    > the stuff I was looking at was worse than legalese.
    > The people who are guiding the development of C++
    > have really made a mess of things, I mean templates
    > and competing libraries and all that just render the
    > code impossible to comprehend. Sure there is
    > going to be a certain amount of complexity,
    > that's a given, but if code is not readable except by
    > a kind of clergy then there is something wrong with
    > the language.

    Actually, I was thinking about it a little bit, and the other thing
    is...

    While your code may be readable, other people write some *really*
    crappy code. So, it may not be the language that's the problem. It
    may be the developer. And that doesn't matter whether it's C++, Java,
    Python or whatever.

    ...maybe that's what you were going for. Either way, as I said
    previously, if you have a problem (even even better, if you have a
    solution) specifically with C++, the C++ forums are where you want to
    go to get help and provide input.

    Jason Cavett, May 29, 2008

    On May 29, 2:28 pm, Jason Cavett <> wrote:

    > ...maybe that's what you were going for.  Either way, as I said
    > previously, if you have a problem (even even better, if you have a
    > solution) specifically with C++, the C++ forums are where you want to
    > go to get help and provide input.

    You mean if I post such an attitude in the C++
    forums I won't be taken as a troll?

    , May 31, 2008
  5. Jeff Higgins Guest

    wrote:
    Jason Cavett wrote:

    > ...maybe that's what you were going for. Either way, as I said
    > previously, if you have a problem (even even better, if you have a
    > solution) specifically with C++, the C++ forums are where you want to
    > go to get help and provide input.

    You mean if I post such an attitude in the C++
    forums I won't be taken as a troll?

    <shrug>
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++/msg/ea96d2db4a7ebea8>
    </shrug>

    Jeff Higgins, May 31, 2008
  6. On Jun 1, 2:35 am, wrote:
    > You mean if I post such an attitude in the C++
    > forums I won't be taken as a troll?

    I think you are a troll here. I don't
    care what they think of you on some other
    group I do not read.

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org

    Andrew Thompson, May 31, 2008
  7. Jeff Higgins Guest

    Jeff Higgins wrote:> wrote:
    > Jason Cavett wrote:
    >
    >> ...maybe that's what you were going for. Either way, as I said
    >> previously, if you have a problem (even even better, if you have a
    >> solution) specifically with C++, the C++ forums are where you want to
    >> go to get help and provide input.

    > You mean if I post such an attitude in the C++
    > forums I won't be taken as a troll?
    >
    > <shrug>
    > <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++/msg/ea96d2db4a7ebea8>
    > </shrug>

    <yep>
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c /msg/c854cf18307dc8d2
    </yep>

    Jeff Higgins, May 31, 2008

    > I think you are a troll here.  I don't
    > care what they think of you on some other
    > group I do not read.
    > Andrew T.
    > PhySci.org

    http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

    , May 31, 2008
  9. On Jun 1, 5:33 am, wrote:
    > > I think you are a troll here.  I don't
    > > care what they think of you on some other
    > > group I do not read.

    (trimmed, reinserted)
    > > --

    (/trimmed, reinserted)

    > > Andrew T.
    > > PhySci.org

    Please trim sigs. from replies in future.

    > http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

    Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
    a troll), or in a sig., as I had it.

    ..watch for the sig. ;-)

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org

    Andrew Thompson, May 31, 2008

    > Please trim sigs. from replies in future.

    Yes, we wouldn't want you to profit monetarily from your SPAMMING this
    newsgroup with inane comments.

    You think I'm a troll, eh? Paranoia like yours could be a sign of
    mental illness.

    , Jun 2, 2008
  11. On Jun 2, 9:32 am, wrote:
    > > Please trim sigs. from replies in future.

    > Yes, we wouldn't want you to profit monetarily from your SPAMMING this
    > newsgroup with inane comments.
    >
    > You think I'm a troll, eh? Paranoia like yours could be a sign of
    > mental illness.

    There, there pet, don't burst a vein.
    But stop trolling.

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 2, 2008
  12. On Jun 1, 5:33=A0am, wrote:
    > > I think you are a troll here. =A0I don't
    > > care what they think of you on some other
    > > group I do not read.

    (trimmed, reinserted)
    > > --

    (/trimmed, reinserted)

    > > Andrew T.
    > > PhySci.org

    Please trim sigs. from replies in independence.

    > http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

    Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
    a wrongdoer), or in a sig., as I had it.

    =2E.watch for the sig. ;-)

    --
    Merl T.
    PhySci.org

    "Freemasonry has a religious service to commit the body of a deceased
    brother to the dust whence it came, and to speed the liberated spirit
    back to the Great Source of Light. Many Freemasons make this flight
    with *no other guarantee of a safe landing than their belief in the
    religion of Freemasonry*"

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 2, 2008
  13. On Jun 2, 9:32=A0am, wrote:
    > > Please trim sigs. from replies in future.

    > Yes, we wouldn't want you to profit monetarily from your SPAMMING this
    > newsgroup with inane comments.
    >
    > You think I'm a troll, eh? Paranoia like yours could be a sign of
    > mental illness.

    There, there pet, don't kill a jackknife.
    But stop trolling.

    --
    Cristof T.
    PhySci.org

    Buchanan: "The War Party may have gotten its war," he writes.
    "... In a rare moment in U.S. journalism, Tim Russert put
    this question directly to Richard Perle [of PNAC]:

    'Can you assure American viewers ...
    that we're in this situation against Saddam Hussein
    and his removal for American security interests?
    And what would be the link in terms of Israel?'

    Buchanan: "We charge that a cabal of polemicists and
    public officials seek to ensnare our country in a series
    of wars that are not in America's interests. We charge
    them with colluding with Israel to ignite those wars
    and destroy the Oslo Accords."

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 2, 2008
  14. On Jun 1, 5:33=A0am, wrote:
    > > I think you are a troll here. =A0I don't
    > > care what they think of you on some other
    > > group I do not read.

    (trimmed, reinserted)
    > > --

    (/trimmed, reinserted)

    > > Andrew T.
    > > PhySci.org

    Please trim sigs. from replies in Politeness.

    > http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

    Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
    a hater), or in a sig., as I had it.

    =2E.watch for the sig. ;-)

    --
    Johnny T.
    PhySci.org

    "commune has a subnormal interest to commit the leg of a deceased
    ancestry to the firmness moreover it came, and to speed the liberated garb
    back to the Hippy Source of Light. Many Freemasons make this ability
    with *no other originate of a safe landing than their lifestyle in the
    deception of faction*"

    [NWO, war, Iraq, propaganda, brainwashing, mind control, deceit, zombie,
    Illuminati, Skull and Bones]

    "Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein
    now has weapons of mass destruction."

    --- Dick Cheney
    Speech to VFW National Convention
    August 26, 2002

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 3, 2008
  15. On Jun 1, 2:35=A0am, wrote:
    =2E..
    > You mean if I post such an attitude in the C++
    > forums I won't be taken as a troll?

    I think you are an intruder here. I don't
    care what they think of you on some other
    metadata I do not read.

    --
    Ed T.
    PhySci.org

    "When a Mason learns the key to the warrior on the
    block is the proper application of the dynamo of
    living power, he has learned the mystery of his
    Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his
    hands and before he may step onward and upward,
    he must prove his ability to properly apply energy."

    -- Illustrious Manly P. Hall 33°
    The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, page 48
    Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, Inc.
    Richmond, Virginia, 1976

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 4, 2008
  16. On Jun 2, 9:32=A0am, wrote:
    > > Please trim sigs. from replies in future.

    > Yes, we wouldn't want you to profit monetarily from your SPAMMING this
    > newsgroup with inane comments.
    >
    > You think I'm a troll, eh? Paranoia like yours could be a sign of
    > mental illness.

    There, there pet, don't relax a nerve.
    But stop trolling.

    --
    Jonnie T.
    PhySci.org

    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
    a revolutionary act."

    --- George Orwell

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 4, 2008
  17. On Jun 1, 5:33=A0am, wrote:
    > > I think you are a troll here. =A0I don't
    > > care what they think of you on some other
    > > group I do not read.

    (trimmed, reinserted)
    > > --

    (/trimmed, reinserted)

    > > Andrew T.
    > > PhySci.org

    Please trim sigs. from replies in mercy.

    > http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

    Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
    a bulldog), or in a sig., as I had it.

    =2E.watch for the sig. ;-)

    --
    Corey T.
    PhySci.org

    "Here in the United States, the Zionists and their co-religionists
    have complete control of our government.

    For many reasons, too many and too complex to go into here at this
    time, the Zionists and their co-religionists rule these
    United States as though they were the absolute monarchs
    of this country.

    Now you may say that is a very broad statement,
    but let me show you what happened while we were all asleep..."

    --- Benjamin H. Freedman

    [Benjamin H. Freedman was one of the most intriguing and amazing
    individuals of the 20th century. Born in 1890, he was a successful
    Jewish businessman of New York City at one time principal owner
    of the Woodbury Soap Company. He broke with organized Jewry
    after the Judeo-Communist victory of 1945, and spent the
    remainder of his life and the great preponderance of his
    considerable fortune, at least 2.5 million dollars, exposing the
    Jewish tyranny which has enveloped the United States.]

    This is just a reminder.
    It is not an emergency yet.
    Were it actual emergency, you wouldn't be able to read this.

    Andrew Thompson, Jun 4, 2008
  18. Gemeral Sam Guest

    On Jun 2, 3:53 pm, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > On Jun 1, 5:33=A0am, wrote:
    >
    > > > I think you are a troll here. =A0I don't
    > > > care what they think of you on some other
    > > > group I do not read.

    > (trimmed, reinserted)> > --
    >
    > (/trimmed, reinserted)
    >
    > > > Andrew T.
    > > > PhySci.org

    > Please trim sigs. from replies in independence.
    >
    > >http://physci.org/eh? Looks like a spam site.

    > Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
    > a wrongdoer), or in a sig., as I had it.
    >
    > =2E.watch for the sig. ;-)
    >
    > --
    > Merl T.
    > PhySci.org

    > "Freemasonry has a religious service to commit the body of a deceased
    > brother to the dust whence it came, and to speed the liberated spirit
    > back to the Great Source of Light. Many Freemasons make this flight
    > with *no other guarantee of a safe landing than their belief in the
    > religion of Freemasonry*"

    Darkness Invisible (The Druid)

    Gemeral Sam, Jun 8, 2008