Holy crap, what has C++ become?

plenty900

I was looking over someone's C++ code today and despite
having written perfectly readable C++ code myself,
the stuff I was looking at was worse than legalese.
The people who are guiding the development of C++
have really made a mess of things, I mean templates
and competing libraries and all that just render the
code impossible to comprehend. Sure there is
going to be a certain amount of complexity,
that's a given, but if code is not readable except by
a kind of clergy then there is something wrong with
the language.

Jason Cavett

I was looking over someone's C++ code today and despite
having written perfectly readable C++ code myself,
the stuff I was looking at was worse than legalese.
The people who are guiding the development of C++
have really made a mess of things, I mean templates
and competing libraries and all that just render the
code impossible to comprehend. Sure there is
going to be a certain amount of complexity,
that's a given, but if code is not readable except by
a kind of clergy then there is something wrong with
the language.

A. You're in a Java forum. Please post this to a C++ forum.
B. You don't have to understand the language to use it.
C. You're trolling. If you don't like the language, go offer your
input to the C++ developers.

Jason Cavett

I was looking over someone's C++ code today and despite
having written perfectly readable C++ code myself,
the stuff I was looking at was worse than legalese.
The people who are guiding the development of C++
have really made a mess of things, I mean templates
and competing libraries and all that just render the
code impossible to comprehend. Sure there is
going to be a certain amount of complexity,
that's a given, but if code is not readable except by
a kind of clergy then there is something wrong with
the language.

Actually, I was thinking about it a little bit, and the other thing
is...

While your code may be readable, other people write some *really*
crappy code. So, it may not be the language that's the problem. It
may be the developer. And that doesn't matter whether it's C++, Java,
Python or whatever.

...maybe that's what you were going for. Either way, as I said
previously, if you have a problem (even even better, if you have a
solution) specifically with C++, the C++ forums are where you want to
go to get help and provide input.

plenty900

...maybe that's what you were going for.  Either way, as I said
previously, if you have a problem (even even better, if you have a
solution) specifically with C++, the C++ forums are where you want to
go to get help and provide input.

You mean if I post such an attitude in the C++
forums I won't be taken as a troll?

Andrew Thompson

On Jun 1, 2:35 am, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
You mean if I post such an attitude in the C++
forums I won't be taken as a troll?

I think you are a troll here. I don't
care what they think of you on some other
group I do not read.

Andrew Thompson

(trimmed, reinserted)(/trimmed, reinserted)

Please trim sigs. from replies in future.
http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
a troll), or in a sig., as I had it.

..watch for the sig. ;-)

plenty900

Please trim sigs. from replies in future.

Yes, we wouldn't want you to profit monetarily from your SPAMMING this
newsgroup with inane comments.

You think I'm a troll, eh? Paranoia like yours could be a sign of
mental illness.

Andrew Thompson

Yes, we wouldn't want you to profit monetarily from your SPAMMING this
newsgroup with inane comments.

You think I'm a troll, eh? Paranoia like yours could be a sign of
mental illness.

There, there pet, don't burst a vein.
But stop trolling.

Andrew Thompson

(trimmed, reinserted)(/trimmed, reinserted)

Please trim sigs. from replies in independence.
http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
a wrongdoer), or in a sig., as I had it.

=2E.watch for the sig. ;-)

--
Merl T.
PhySci.org

"Freemasonry has a religious service to commit the body of a deceased
brother to the dust whence it came, and to speed the liberated spirit
back to the Great Source of Light. Many Freemasons make this flight
with *no other guarantee of a safe landing than their belief in the
religion of Freemasonry*"

Andrew Thompson

Yes, we wouldn't want you to profit monetarily from your SPAMMING this
newsgroup with inane comments.

You think I'm a troll, eh? Paranoia like yours could be a sign of
mental illness.

There, there pet, don't kill a jackknife.
But stop trolling.

--
Cristof T.
PhySci.org

Buchanan: "The War Party may have gotten its war," he writes.
"... In a rare moment in U.S. journalism, Tim Russert put
this question directly to Richard Perle [of PNAC]:

'Can you assure American viewers ...
that we're in this situation against Saddam Hussein
and his removal for American security interests?
And what would be the link in terms of Israel?'

Buchanan: "We charge that a cabal of polemicists and
public officials seek to ensnare our country in a series
of wars that are not in America's interests. We charge
them with colluding with Israel to ignite those wars
and destroy the Oslo Accords."

Andrew Thompson

(trimmed, reinserted)(/trimmed, reinserted)

Please trim sigs. from replies in Politeness.
http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
a hater), or in a sig., as I had it.

=2E.watch for the sig. ;-)

--
Johnny T.
PhySci.org

"commune has a subnormal interest to commit the leg of a deceased
ancestry to the firmness moreover it came, and to speed the liberated garb
back to the Hippy Source of Light. Many Freemasons make this ability
with *no other originate of a safe landing than their lifestyle in the
deception of faction*"

[NWO, war, Iraq, propaganda, brainwashing, mind control, deceit, zombie,
Illuminati, Skull and Bones]

"Simply stated, there is no doubt that Saddam Hussein
now has weapons of mass destruction."

--- Dick Cheney
Speech to VFW National Convention
August 26, 2002

Andrew Thompson

On Jun 1, 2:35=A0am, (e-mail address removed) wrote:
=2E..
You mean if I post such an attitude in the C++
forums I won't be taken as a troll?

I think you are an intruder here. I don't
care what they think of you on some other
metadata I do not read.

--
Ed T.
PhySci.org

"When a Mason learns the key to the warrior on the
block is the proper application of the dynamo of
living power, he has learned the mystery of his
Craft. The seething energies of Lucifer are in his
hands and before he may step onward and upward,
he must prove his ability to properly apply energy."

-- Illustrious Manly P. Hall 33°
The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, page 48
Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, Inc.
Richmond, Virginia, 1976

Andrew Thompson

Yes, we wouldn't want you to profit monetarily from your SPAMMING this
newsgroup with inane comments.

You think I'm a troll, eh? Paranoia like yours could be a sign of
mental illness.

There, there pet, don't relax a nerve.
But stop trolling.

--
Jonnie T.
PhySci.org

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
a revolutionary act."

--- George Orwell

Andrew Thompson

(trimmed, reinserted)(/trimmed, reinserted)

Please trim sigs. from replies in mercy.
http://physci.org/ eh? Looks like a spam site.

Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
a bulldog), or in a sig., as I had it.

=2E.watch for the sig. ;-)

--
Corey T.
PhySci.org

"Here in the United States, the Zionists and their co-religionists
have complete control of our government.

For many reasons, too many and too complex to go into here at this
time, the Zionists and their co-religionists rule these
United States as though they were the absolute monarchs
of this country.

Now you may say that is a very broad statement,
but let me show you what happened while we were all asleep..."

--- Benjamin H. Freedman

[Benjamin H. Freedman was one of the most intriguing and amazing
individuals of the 20th century. Born in 1890, he was a successful
Jewish businessman of New York City at one time principal owner
of the Woodbury Soap Company. He broke with organized Jewry
after the Judeo-Communist victory of 1945, and spent the
remainder of his life and the great preponderance of his
considerable fortune, at least 2.5 million dollars, exposing the
Jewish tyranny which has enveloped the United States.]

This is just a reminder.
It is not an emergency yet.
Were it actual emergency, you wouldn't be able to read this.

Gemeral Sam

(trimmed, reinserted)> > --

(/trimmed, reinserted)

Please trim sigs. from replies in independence.

Not when it is quoted by someone else (even
a wrongdoer), or in a sig., as I had it.

=2E.watch for the sig. ;-)

--
Merl T.
PhySci.org

"Freemasonry has a religious service to commit the body of a deceased
brother to the dust whence it came, and to speed the liberated spirit
back to the Great Source of Light. Many Freemasons make this flight
with *no other guarantee of a safe landing than their belief in the
religion of Freemasonry*"

Darkness Invisible (The Druid)