homepages

Tony Johansson

Hello!

I have been using C# windows forms for about a year but not used web forms
or html.

My doughter has a horse at a stable called Kilanda.
She wants to do a home page about this Kilanda where there is 6 horses owned
by different persons.
There will be no database involved. The main home page will contain about 10
different section labels and when one of these is clicked there will be some
information presented and some pictures.

I'm going to help my doughter with this. This home page will be stored on a
web server that is owned by my internet provider which is Telia.

Is it a good choice to use VS asp.net for creating all these asp.net pages
or do you recomment do use something else?

What requirement is it on the web server to be able to process asp.net
pages?

//Tony

Guest

Hi Tony,

My suggestion is to go with simple html pages as the requirements doesn't
involve any page level processing or database configuration. You can always
use a scripting language such as javascript if you want 2 do something
cranky.

As for the second question, in order 2 process ASP.NET, the web server
should have IIS and .Net Framework installed.

Thanks,
Sazid.

Otis Mukinfus

[...]

Don't send us advertisements in your posts, please.
Good luck with your project,

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.arltex.com
http://www.tomchilders.com

clintonG

I think you need to consider using either the Personal or the Club Web Site
Starter Kit [1,2]. Starter kits are developed by Microsoft staff and
released as free source to demonstrate how ASP.NET can be applied to various
uses.

<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
MAP 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W : 43°2'17"N 88°2'37"W

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vwd/starterkit/default.aspx#classifieds
[2] http://geekswithblogs.net/evjen/archive/2005/07/01/45226.aspx