    want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of software.

    Anyone got any good hacks For HomeSite?, anyone used HS 5.5?

    N8

    Citizen X, Nov 20, 2003

  2. Citizen X

    Spartanicus Guest

    Citizen X wrote:

    >Does anyone still use HomeSite ?

    I do, but not many of us left.

    >(I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing more
    >PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my program. I dont
    >want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of software.

    Don't use php myself, try the macromedia hs groups for more success.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Nov 20, 2003

  3. Citizen X

    Alan D-W Guest

    "Citizen X" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone still use HomeSite ? (I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing more
    > PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my program. I dont
    > want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of software.

    I use HS for all my HTML, ASP and general programming tasks, as well as to
    edit reasonably large text files, and I love its features. However, I think
    you're on the wrong track if you're expecting it to preview pages containing
    server-side scripting - how do you expect it to achieve that?

    Alan D-W, Nov 20, 2003
  4. Citizen X

    Roseb441702 Guest

    Roseb441702, Nov 20, 2003
  5. Citizen X

    Clive Moss Guest

    "Citizen X" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone still use HomeSite ? (I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing more
    > PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my program. I dont
    > want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of software.
    >
    > Anyone got any good hacks For HomeSite?, anyone used HS 5.5?

    I use Homesite 5 for everything but I have windows 2000 so can preview my
    asp pages via IIS (http://localhost.........)
    never used php but suppose its the same for preview

    Clive

    Clive Moss, Nov 20, 2003
  6. Citizen X

    Spartanicus Guest

    Alan D-W wrote:

    >you're on the wrong track if you're expecting it to preview pages containing
    >server-side scripting - how do you expect it to achieve that?

    By mapping through a local web server of course.

    --
    Spartanicus

    Spartanicus, Nov 21, 2003
  7. Citizen X

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Clive Moss"
    <> writing in

    > "Citizen X" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone still use HomeSite ? (I use HS-4.5) now that I am writing
    >> more PHP I am having problems with previewing the page w/in my
    >> program. I dont want to upgrade and dont want to learn a new piece of
    >> software.
    >>
    >> Anyone got any good hacks For HomeSite?, anyone used HS 5.5?
    >>

    > I use Homesite 5 for everything but I have windows 2000 so can preview
    > my asp pages via IIS (http://localhost.........)
    > never used php but suppose its the same for preview

    Yup, just make sure that PHP is installed and it shows up in the
    configuration options. I'm using both ASP and PHP (not on the same site).

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Nov 21, 2003