Hooking Parallel Port IRQ

FyberOptic

Hiya, I'm not sure if this is the exact place I should be asking this,
but I figured it was a good first shot. Basically, I want to be able
to hook IRQ 7 for the parallel port for a project I'm working on, and
do it inside of Windows XP. But I can't seem to really find anything
to explain it, or a library that might already be able to do it. I've
used inpout32.dll before just to access its ports, and that works
great, but I'd really like to be able to trigger a function when I
interrupt externally instead of trying to poll for it. This was really
easy back in the DOS days, but the whole preventing direct hardware
access in XP is a problem. Any help anyone can give would be much
appreciated!

red floyd

FyberOptic said:
Hiya, I'm not sure if this is the exact place I should be asking this,
but I figured it was a good first shot. Basically, I want to be able
to hook IRQ 7 for the parallel port for a project I'm working on, and
do it inside of Windows XP. But I can't seem to really find anything
to explain it, or a library that might already be able to do it. I've
used inpout32.dll before just to access its ports, and that works
great, but I'd really like to be able to trigger a function when I
interrupt externally instead of trying to poll for it. This was really
easy back in the DOS days, but the whole preventing direct hardware
access in XP is a problem. Any help anyone can give would be much
appreciated!

1. It's OT here. Try a windows programming group.
2. You can't hook the interrupt from userland, you have to use a driver.