Hooking up jdbc to a local access database

KNelson

The driver I am using, the default jdbc/odbc driver, in netbeans is
not working for connecting to an access db on my hard drive. The
driver does find the database, and connects to it, but when I set it
up I get a "unable to obtain schema" warning. then on the icon for
the database after im connected in netbeans, the link to the tables is
broken. Thanks

Karl Nelson

CodeForTea

The driver I am using, the default jdbc/odbc driver, in netbeans is
not working for connecting to an access db on my hard drive. The
driver does find the database, and connects to it, but when I set it
up I get a "unable to obtain schema" warning. then on the icon for
the database after im connected in netbeans, the link to the tables is
broken. Thanks

Karl Nelson

1. Control Panel
2. Administrative Tools
3. Data Sources (ODBC)
4. System DSN Tab
5. Add
6. Microsoft Access Drive (*.mdb)
7. Data Source Name ( add Data source name dont put any spaces.)
8. Click on select button Browse and find your database files.
9. Ok
10. ok

String url = "jdbc:eek:dbc:xxxxx" database name from step 7.
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "myLogin",
"myPassword");

KNelson

1. Control Panel
2. Administrative Tools
3. Data Sources (ODBC)
4. System DSN Tab
5. Add
6. Microsoft Access Drive (*.mdb)
7. Data Source Name ( add Data source name dont put any spaces.)
8. Click on select button Browse and find your database files.
9. Ok
10. ok

String url = "jdbc:eek:dbc:xxxxx" database name from step 7.
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "myLogin",
"myPassword");

Thanks bud but I actually do have a correct odbc connection set up
already. If you know what it may be besides that im all ears