    the database after im connected in netbeans, the link to the tables is
    broken. Thanks

    Karl Nelson
    KNelson, Mar 4, 2007

  2. KNelson

    Guest

    On Mar 4, 6:46 pm, "KNelson" <> wrote:
    > The driver I am using, the default jdbc/odbc driver, in netbeans is
    > not working for connecting to an access db on my hard drive. The
    > driver does find the database, and connects to it, but when I set it
    > up I get a "unable to obtain schema" warning. then on the icon for
    > the database after im connected in netbeans, the link to the tables is
    > broken. Thanks
    >
    > Karl Nelson

    1. Control Panel
    2. Administrative Tools
    3. Data Sources (ODBC)
    4. System DSN Tab
    5. Add
    6. Microsoft Access Drive (*.mdb)
    7. Data Source Name ( add Data source name dont put any spaces.)
    8. Click on select button Browse and find your database files.
    9. Ok
    10. ok

    String url = "jdbc:eek:dbc:xxxxx" database name from step 7.
    Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "myLogin",
    "myPassword");
    , Mar 5, 2007

  3. KNelson

    KNelson Guest

    On Mar 4, 4:09 pm, wrote:
    > On Mar 4, 6:46 pm, "KNelson" <> wrote:
    >
    > > The driver I am using, the default jdbc/odbc driver, in netbeans is
    > > not working for connecting to an access db on my hard drive. The
    > > driver does find the database, and connects to it, but when I set it
    > > up I get a "unable to obtain schema" warning. then on the icon for
    > > the database after im connected in netbeans, the link to the tables is
    > > broken. Thanks

    > > Karl Nelson

    > 1. Control Panel
    > 2. Administrative Tools
    > 3. Data Sources (ODBC)
    > 4. System DSN Tab
    > 5. Add
    > 6. Microsoft Access Drive (*.mdb)
    > 7. Data Source Name ( add Data source name dont put any spaces.)
    > 8. Click on select button Browse and find your database files.
    > 9. Ok
    > 10. ok
    >
    > String url = "jdbc:eek:dbc:xxxxx" database name from step 7.
    > Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(url, "myLogin",
    > "myPassword");

    Thanks bud but I actually do have a correct odbc connection set up
    already. If you know what it may be besides that im all ears
    KNelson, Mar 5, 2007