Hooks problem

kid joe

Hi,

I'm trying hooks for the first time and having a bit
of a nightmare.

I basically want to trap when other windows are resized,
moved etc. When i set a WH_CBT hook it runs ok, but never
seems to execute.

When i set WH_CALLWNDPROC my machine goes mad and
i have to reboot, im using VC++6 on win2k bbut had similar experience on
win95.

The code im using is below. It looks OK to me, but obviously it isnt!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Joe

BOOL InitInstance(HINSTANCE hInstance, int nCmdShow)
{
HWND hWnd;

hInst = hInstance; // Store instance handle in our global variable

hWnd = CreateWindow(szWindowClass, szTitle, WS_POPUP|WS_SYSMENU,
0, -200, ww, hh, NULL, NULL, hInstance, NULL);

if (!hWnd)
{
return FALSE;
}
ShowWindow(hWnd, nCmdShow);
UpdateWindow(hWnd);

hhk = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_CBT,CallWndProc,hInstance,0);
// hhk = SetWindowsHookEx(WH_CALLWNDPROC,CallWndProc,hInstance,0);
theWnd = hWnd;

return TRUE;

}

LRESULT CALLBACK CallWndProc(
int nCode, // hook code
WPARAM wParam, // depends on hook code
LPARAM lParam // depends on hook code
)
{
if(nCode>=0)
{
grabit=2;
}

return CallNextHookEx(hhk, nCode, wParam, lParam );

.--------------------.
| |
| Good Evening.... | .--.--.
| | .; .;|;. ;.
`-------------. ,---' .;_;' `;_;.
\| ; ;' `; ;
\ ;;'.--.___.--.`;;
;-( o )=( o )-;
( `--' | `--' )
\| . . |/
........... . .:::::. . .______
/ . '---` . '\
.' `. .' \
| ____,.- . | `.....' | _______ |
| ,-' \ /|\'' \.-- |
| / \.'\ /,'. \. - |
| /| ` `\ / \ |
| ,/ _ '/ '\ |
,-' ,-. |o '
/ '| | | | \
/ ,/| |o | \ `
| .' | |.' |. \ \
________/ .'____|________________________||__`. `__________
( \ ) / )
'-. '-. ( .-` .-`
'-. .-'--.__. .-.__.--`-. .-`
'-..' \--' : ~`:=,`- `..-`
\ .. \\ |`-'|`-, /
\\\\\\\) | |`-'/.'/
\)\)\\ `-' `-'
`

Ben Pfaff

kid joe said:
I basically want to trap when other windows are resized,
moved etc. When i set a WH_CBT hook it runs ok, but never
seems to execute.

When i set WH_CALLWNDPROC my machine goes mad and
i have to reboot, im using VC++6 on win2k bbut had similar experience on
win95.

This is Windows-specific, so you will probably get better

Andrew Smallshaw

This is Windows-specific, so you will probably get better

It also looks suspiciously like C++ to me as well.

Andrew Smallshaw

Probably not; I could understand the code.

It is possible that this is a C99 program, but if so there are an
awful lot of typedefs and a misleading reference to classes. I
suspect it may actually be C+. This is a curious language common
amongst Windows programmers that uses all the syntactic crud of
C++ while having the structure of a straight C program. This
negates any of the benefits of using C++ is the first place.