Hope not in wrong newsgroup

auntie_biotic

Is it possible to have a html link from my website to a newsgroup?

Also I would be grateful if anyone using Netscape could view my homepage
and let me know if it looks ok. I was using positioning in html and
apparently they did not show up in Netscape. I have since changed home page
and am wondering if it looks ok.

thanks in advance

auntie_biotic
http://www.tbandu.co.uk

PS sorry if I have posted in wrong place

Stan McCann

auntie_biotic said:
Also I would be grateful if anyone using Netscape could view my homepage
and let me know if it looks ok. I was using positioning in html and
apparently they did not show up in Netscape. I have since changed home page
and am wondering if it looks ok.

It's been a long time since I've used it. I don't knoww
how well supported it is. It's probably like a mailto: works IF
everything on the user's end is configured for it.

Neal

Also I would be grateful if anyone using Netscape could view my homepage
and let me know if it looks ok. I was using positioning in html and
apparently they did not show up in Netscape. I have since changed home
page
and am wondering if it looks ok.

Layout is consistent in Opera 7.23 and Netscape Navigator 4.01. Which is
not to say, honestly, that it looks ok. The design looks very home-made,
circa 1996. That pink illegible text at the top will potantially upset
search engines and cause you to not be listed.

This is a scrrnshot of Lynx, which is similar to what Google sees.
http://users.rcn.com/neal413/tbandu.jpg - it's a bit of a mess.

I have no idea what version of HTML you're using, it's a hodgepodge. I get
the idea you're randomly pasting in snippets of code you've found here and
there without really knowing how they work, resulting in a sort of
Frankenstein's monster of a webpage. If this is being done by your
authoring software, get rid of it, it is a failure.

Unsolicited advice - do yourself a favor and look up
http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp - this is a rather OK (but not
perfect) tutorial on how you should be coding your pages. Pay special
attention to http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_whyusehtml4.asp which
could be worded better but essentially expresses some important ideas you
seem not yet aware of.

Good luck.

auntie_biotic

Thanks Neal very blunt to the point. I am self taught with HTML and I
realise it looks naive but am trying to get information across for no cost
to user. thanks again for your advice and I will check out links.

Richard

auntie_biotic said:
Is it possible to have a html link from my website to a newsgroup?
Also I would be grateful if anyone using Netscape could view my homepage
and let me know if it looks ok. I was using positioning in html and
apparently they did not show up in Netscape. I have since changed home
page and am wondering if it looks ok.
thanks in advance

PS sorry if I have posted in wrong place

Yes. But the user will only get to the newsgroup if he has access via a news
service.
If google carries the group, link to the article in google groups instead.

informant

Richard said:
Yes. But the user will only get to the newsgroup if he has access via a news
service.
If google carries the group, link to the article in google groups instead.

Pipe down, Bullis. Let someone who actually knows something handle this.
That wouldn't be you.