(Hopefully) simple response form to say yes/no

©

©®

My charity gets food donations given to the staff. I would like to have
a list of all those who are on the list to receive so that when they get
food (every two weeks) they simply put a check mark next to their name
saying they want the donation for the days they are there for that week.
Once people put a check mark (in the yes box), I would like an email
sent to the donations co-ordinator so that a few hours before delivery
is scheduled, she would have a list of all who are getting for that day.
If they forget to respond, then they automatically do not receive (an
opt-in process as default rather than an opt-out and there is waste).
We have an intranet so we would like to have people getting used to
every two weeks responding to the list so they pro-actively sign-in for
their donation. (Is it possible that their request could be ignored if
they send it too far in advance e.g. sending their choice four weeks in
advance.)
This seems *way* beyond my very simple html skills so was wondering if
anyone can point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this.

Tina Peters

©® said:
[...]

Why not just have the staff email the donations coordinator by a deadline
set (say, Friday by noon for example). The coordinator can then keep all of
those emails in a folder and refer to them each week.

I dunno, seems like you're trying to make a complicated solution for a
simple problem. People in offices already have enough different software
programs, procedures, etc. to follow...sticking to email, which they problem
use at least once a day already, seems like it might be easier.

--Tina

©

©®

I dunno, seems like you're trying to make a complicated solution for a
simple problem. People in offices already have enough different
software programs, procedures, etc. to follow...sticking to email,
which they problem use at least once a day already, seems like it
might be easier.

Thanks Tina. Your solution sounds right - just that I was hoping
something would be easier for the co-ordinator so they didn't have loads
of work regarding the emails.

edgy

©® said:
Thanks Tina. Your solution sounds right - just that I was hoping something
would be easier for the co-ordinator so they didn't have loads of work
regarding the emails.
There is quite a bit you can do with the "rules" feature of most email
programs to help out your co-ordinator. For example, if you make sure that
all the people sending their requests use the same title in their email
("Food Request" or something) all those emails could be sent to a specific
folder. If they title it "Food Request December 1" then your coordinator
will get them all moved to a folder, then be able to sort them by date with
one click.