    advance.)
    This seems *way* beyond my very simple html skills so was wondering if
    anyone can point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this.

    ©®, Nov 29, 2006

  2. ©®

    Tina Peters Guest

    "©®" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > My charity gets food donations given to the staff. I would like to have a
    > list of all those who are on the list to receive so that when they get
    > food (every two weeks) they simply put a check mark next to their name
    > saying they want the donation for the days they are there for that week.
    > Once people put a check mark (in the yes box), I would like an email sent
    > to the donations co-ordinator so that a few hours before delivery is
    > scheduled, she would have a list of all who are getting for that day. If
    > they forget to respond, then they automatically do not receive (an opt-in
    > process as default rather than an opt-out and there is waste).
    > We have an intranet so we would like to have people getting used to every
    > two weeks responding to the list so they pro-actively sign-in for their
    > donation. (Is it possible that their request could be ignored if they send
    > it too far in advance e.g. sending their choice four weeks in advance.)
    > This seems *way* beyond my very simple html skills so was wondering if
    > anyone can point me in the right direction on how to accomplish this.

    Why not just have the staff email the donations coordinator by a deadline
    set (say, Friday by noon for example). The coordinator can then keep all of
    those emails in a folder and refer to them each week.

    I dunno, seems like you're trying to make a complicated solution for a
    simple problem. People in offices already have enough different software
    programs, procedures, etc. to follow...sticking to email, which they problem
    use at least once a day already, seems like it might be easier.

    --Tina

    Tina Peters, Nov 29, 2006

  3. ©®

    ©® Guest

    > I dunno, seems like you're trying to make a complicated solution for a
    > simple problem. People in offices already have enough different
    > software programs, procedures, etc. to follow...sticking to email,
    > which they problem use at least once a day already, seems like it
    > might be easier.

    Thanks Tina. Your solution sounds right - just that I was hoping
    something would be easier for the co-ordinator so they didn't have loads
    of work regarding the emails.

    ©®, Nov 29, 2006
  4. ©®

    edgy Guest

    "©®" <> wrote in message
    >> I dunno, seems like you're trying to make a complicated solution for a
    >> simple problem. People in offices already have enough different software
    >> programs, procedures, etc. to follow...sticking to email, which they
    >> problem use at least once a day already, seems like it might be easier.

    > Thanks Tina. Your solution sounds right - just that I was hoping something
    > would be easier for the co-ordinator so they didn't have loads of work
    > regarding the emails.

    There is quite a bit you can do with the "rules" feature of most email
    programs to help out your co-ordinator. For example, if you make sure that
    all the people sending their requests use the same title in their email
    ("Food Request" or something) all those emails could be sent to a specific
    folder. If they title it "Food Request December 1" then your coordinator
    will get them all moved to a folder, then be able to sort them by date with
    one click.

    edgy, Nov 30, 2006