Horizontal list

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dolin, Aug 2, 2008.

  1. Dolin

    Dolin Guest

    Dolin, Aug 2, 2008

  2. Dolin

    BootNic Guest

    <>

    http://bootnic.atwebpages.com/horizontalList.php

    --

    BootNic Sat Aug 2, 2008 03:37 pm
    They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change

    BootNic, Aug 2, 2008

  3. Dolin

    Dolin Guest

    On Aug 2, 10:37 pm, BootNic <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:29:18 -0700 (PDT)
    > Dolin <> wrote in:
    > <>
    >
    > > Hi how do I make a list appear horizontally with the bullets included?

    > http://bootnic.atwebpages.com/horizontalList.php
    >
    > --
    >
    > BootNic                                        Sat Aug 2, 2008 03:37 pm
    >   They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change
    >   them yourself.
    >   *Andy Warhol*
    >
    >  signature.asc
    > 1KDownload

    hey i can you show me the code for the inline bullet list on your
    website? Thanks.

    Dolin, Aug 3, 2008
  4. Dolin

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Dolin <> wrote:

    > On Aug 2, 10:37 pm, BootNic <> wrote:
    > > On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:29:18 -0700 (PDT)
    > > Dolin <> wrote in:
    > > <>
    > >
    > > > Hi how do I make a list appear horizontally with the bullets included?

    > > http://bootnic.atwebpages.com/horizontalList.php

    > hey i can you show me the code for the inline bullet list on your
    > website? Thanks.

    Have you looked at the source at the URL provided?

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 3, 2008
  5. Dolin

    BootNic Guest

    On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 19:09:23 -0700 (PDT)
    Dolin <> wrote in:
    <>

    > On Aug 2, 10:37 pm, BootNic <> wrote:
    >> On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:29:18 -0700 (PDT)
    >> Dolin <> wrote in:
    >> <>
    >>
    >>> Hi how do I make a list appear horizontally with the bullets included?

    >> http://bootnic.atwebpages.com/horizontalList.php

    [snip]

    > hey i can you show me the code for the inline bullet list on your
    > website? Thanks.

    Sorry mate, it's way too much to post in a newsgroup message. That is
    why I supplied an example with the above URL.

    However, you may try to view the source of the page, in general that is
    what one usually does when give an example to look at.

    Do you know how to view the source?

    If the answer is no, I am going to suggest that this example is a bit
    too advanced for you at this time. While its all there in the source,
    it is not commented and I really do not think you would be ready to take
    it apart and research how it all works.

    --

    BootNic Sat Aug 2, 2008 11:01 pm
    Genius is eternal patience.

    BootNic, Aug 3, 2008
  6. Dolin

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    "BootNic" <> wrote in message

    For some reason I see your posts as being empty with a text attachment
    containing the message. Just you, nobody else.

    Nik Coughlin, Aug 3, 2008
  7. Dolin

    Bergamot Guest

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > "BootNic" <> wrote in message
    >
    > For some reason I see your posts as being empty with a text attachment
    > containing the message. Just you, nobody else.

    I imagine it's got something to do with:
    protocol="application/pgp-signature"; micalg=PGP-SHA1

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Aug 4, 2008
  8. Bergamot wrote:

    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> "BootNic" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> For some reason I see your posts as being empty with a text attachment
    >> containing the message. Just you, nobody else.

    > I imagine it's got something to do with:
    > protocol="application/pgp-signature"; micalg=PGP-SHA1

    That said, his posts look perfectly normal here. TheGoodOldPan/Linux

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 4, 2008
  9. Dolin

    Phonedude Guest

    "BootNic" <> wrote in message

    BootNic:

    Being as how the underlying philosophy of this group seem to be that we
    should make our work readable regardless of the client, it seems out of
    place to make postings that appear as attachments instead of text. Can you
    fix this? I'd like to read what you write, but, as a rule, I don't open
    attachments found in usenet.

    Larry

    Phonedude, Aug 4, 2008
  10. Dolin

    Bergamot Guest

    Re: OT: Horizontal list

    BootNic wrote:

    > It's Microsoft Windows Mail, it has issues with multipart/signed
    > messages.

    I'm curious if there is any particular reason to use multipart/signed
    messages for Usenet posts in the first place.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Aug 4, 2008
  11. Phonedude wrote:

    > "BootNic" <> wrote in message
    >
    > BootNic:
    >
    > Being as how the underlying philosophy of this group seem to be that we
    > should make our work readable regardless of the client, it seems out of
    > place to make postings that appear as attachments instead of text. Can you
    > fix this? I'd like to read what you write, but, as a rule, I don't open
    > attachments found in usenet.

    They aren't attachments here. Oh, wait -- you're using Outlook Express.

    Bummer.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2008
  12. Re: OT: Horizontal list

    Bergamot wrote:

    > BootNic wrote:
    >>
    >> It's Microsoft Windows Mail, it has issues with multipart/signed
    >> messages.

    > I'm curious if there is any particular reason to use multipart/signed
    > messages for Usenet posts in the first place.

    It was part of his PGP process wasn't it?

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2008
  13. Dolin

    Phonedude Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Phonedude wrote:
    >

    >> "BootNic" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> BootNic:
    >>
    >> Being as how the underlying philosophy of this group seem to be that we
    >> should make our work readable regardless of the client, it seems out of
    >> place to make postings that appear as attachments instead of text. Can
    >> you
    >> fix this? I'd like to read what you write, but, as a rule, I don't open
    >> attachments found in usenet.

    > They aren't attachments here. Oh, wait -- you're using Outlook Express.
    >
    > Bummer.

    Again, with an underlying philosophy of making your content usable
    regardless of client I have to say, so what?

    Larry

    Phonedude, Aug 5, 2008
  14. Dolin

    BootNic Guest

    OT: Horizontal list

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:51:30 -0400
    "Phonedude" <> wrote in:
    <g79icj$46r$>

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Phonedude wrote:
    >>

    >>> "BootNic" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> BootNic:
    >>>
    >>> Being as how the underlying philosophy of this group seem to be
    >>> that we should make our work readable regardless of the client, it
    >>> seems out of place to make postings that appear as attachments
    >>> instead of text. Can you fix this?I'd like to read what you
    >>> write, but, as a rule, I don't open attachments found in usenet.

    I suppose you may continue to blame my post if you wish, the fact is
    that it is the buggy newsreader you have chosen to use.

    I am not in the position to fix your newsreader, I can suggest that you
    find one that is not as buggy as Microsoft, even google groups would be
    an improvement over a Microsoft reader, however the choice is yours.

    >> They aren't attachments here. Oh, wait -- you're using Outlook
    >> Express.
    >>
    >> Bummer.

    > Again, with an underlying philosophy of making your content usable
    > regardless of client I have to say, so what?

    Oh well, rest assured that you are not the only one. That is to say you
    are not being singled out. As near as I can tell it's only 15% of the
    posters here, I can live with that.

    BootNic, Aug 5, 2008
  15. Phonedude wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Phonedude wrote:
    >>

    >>> "BootNic" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> BootNic:
    >>>
    >>> Being as how the underlying philosophy of this group seem to be that we
    >>> should make our work readable regardless of the client, it seems out of
    >>> place to make postings that appear as attachments instead of text. Can
    >>> you
    >>> fix this? I'd like to read what you write, but, as a rule, I don't open
    >>> attachments found in usenet.

    >> They aren't attachments here. Oh, wait -- you're using Outlook Express.
    >>
    >> Bummer.

    > Again, with an underlying philosophy of making your content usable
    > regardless of client I have to say, so what?

    With an underlying realization that MS news clients are crap, I say again,
    "bummer" for you.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2008
  16. Dolin

    > Phonedude wrote:
    >

    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> They aren't attachments here. Oh, wait -- you're using Outlook Express.
    >>>
    >>> Bummer.

    >> Again, with an underlying philosophy of making your content usable
    >> regardless of client I have to say, so what?

    > With an underlying realization that MS news clients are crap, I say again,
    > "bummer" for you.

    Blame it on the client instead of the author. Ok.

    Phonedude, Aug 5, 2008
  17. Phonedude wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Phonedude wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Again, with an underlying philosophy of making your content usable
    >>> regardless of client I have to say, so what?

    >> With an underlying realization that MS news clients are crap, I say again,
    >> "bummer" for you.

    > Blame it on the client instead of the author. Ok.

    The author in this context is not a piece of butt lint like the client is.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 5, 2008