Horizontal Menus & SiteMaps

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by A_Republican, May 11, 2007.

  1. A_Republican

    A_Republican Guest

    I'm probably looking over something simple, but I can not get my menu control
    to display properly.

    My source is the site map, which is similiar to this hierarchy:
    default
    >Static Element 1
    >>Child Element
    >>Child Element
    >>Child Element

    >Static Element 2
    >Static Element 3
    >Static Element 4
    >>Child Element
    >>Child Element
    >>Child Element

    I want to display each static item horizontally across the page, and have
    each child item be displayed vertically when hovered over.

    Currently it displays the root item (default.aspx) as the only static menu
    item, and everything else is a dynamic menu item.

    --
    Regards,
    Shaun Goldston

    Liberalism is treason!

    A_Republican, May 11, 2007

  2. A_Republican

    Phil H Guest

    On 11 May, 23:30, A_Republican <>
    wrote:
    > I'm probably looking over something simple, but I can not get my menu control
    > to display properly.
    >
    > My source is the site map, which is similiar to this hierarchy:
    > default
    >
    > >Static Element 1
    > >>Child Element
    > >>Child Element
    > >>Child Element

    > >Static Element 2
    > >Static Element 3
    > >Static Element 4
    > >>Child Element
    > >>Child Element
    > >>Child Element

    > I want to display each static item horizontally across the page, and have
    > each child item be displayed vertically when hovered over.
    >
    > Currently it displays the root item (default.aspx) as the only static menu
    > item, and everything else is a dynamic menu item.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Shaun Goldston
    >
    > Liberalism is treason!

    Dear friend

    Menu controls have two key properties to define behaviour in this
    respect:

    (1) StaticDisplayLevels

    by default is set to 1 which means only the root appears
    automatically. Setting it to 2 will show the next level down and so
    on.

    (2) Orientation

    Horizontal or vertical. A but confusing I'm afraid (it took me a while
    to sort this one).

    The orientation property defines the appearance of the level 2, level
    4 items etc the rest are at right angles to it.

    In your case set StaticDisplayLevels to 2 and Orientation to
    Horizontal

    HTH

    Phil Hall

    Phil H, May 12, 2007