horizontal rule and border colour

Wombatwal

G'day all
I have this on one of my pages of my small web site, not yet published.

<HR noshade color="#008000" size="5" width="100%" align="center">

How can I express these two values in a "proper" way. It is only a small web
site so prefer something simple, this also goes with my HTML knowledge.

dorayme

"Wombatwal said:
G'day all
I have this on one of my pages of my small web site, not yet published.

<HR noshade color="#008000" size="5" width="100%" align="center">

How can I express these two values in a "proper" way. It is only a small web
site so prefer something simple, this also goes with my HTML knowledge.

Which two values? The table ones? Perhaps closest to what you
want is <table style="border: 4px #008000 solid">

Further still but tidier is to collect all the styles for your
page in the head of the html:

table {border: etc}
hr {color:etc...}

And tidier still is to hive off all the styles to separate sheet
and link it via a statement in the head section:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="myStyles.css">

And then in the body, you need only have things like

and

<hr>

Wombatwal

Thanks dorayme
I do have an external style sheet, but I want this only on one page only. I
can put the hr on the external style sheet, but the table border I don't
know because I already have table attributes in there for other tables.

Bruce

dorayme

Thanks dorayme
I do have an external style sheet, but I want this only on one page only. I
can put the hr on the external style sheet, but the table border I don't
know because I already have table attributes in there for other tables.

Please try to bottom post here... (I moved your reply).

OK, if it is different things you want for different tables then
either the inline style I suggested as first option above is for
you. Any inline css will overide your main sheet in respect to
any clash, which is useful. You have tables no border generally
for example, but a particular table can have one.

You can al;so achieve these things by use of id and class. At
this point, you need a css tute...

Wombatwal

SNIP

Please try to bottom post here... (I moved your reply).

OK, if it is different things you want for different tables then
either the inline style I suggested as first option above is for
you. Any inline css will overide your main sheet in respect to
any clash, which is useful. You have tables no border generally
for example, but a particular table can have one.

You can al;so achieve these things by use of id and class. At
this point, you need a css tute...

Thanks again dorayme that was extremely helpful and my page now has no
errors or warnings.
Oh and by the way I like top posting it is much easier for me to follow a
thread, but that's another story, thanks again.

Bruce

Jonathan N. Little

Wombatwal said:
Thanks dorayme
I do have an external style sheet, but I want this only on one page only. I
can put the hr on the external style sheet, but the table border I don't
know because I already have table attributes in there for other tables.

Bruce
Then put in in the HEAD within STYLE element on that page as dorayme
suggested

/* this page's custom style rules */
HR { border-bottom: 5px solid #008000; width: 100%; }
TABLE { border: 4px solid #008000; }

</head>

NOTE: MSIE's CSS support with respect to HR is quirky at best, but hey
is IE!
An please stop top posting and trim extra stuff.

<snip>