horizontal scroller with images

Ian Hurst (Troyka)

hello im looking for a free horizontal scroller with images, andy one
know of a good easy to use one?

Ian Hurst (Troyka)

Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what Leif
K-Brooks said:
It came with your browser.

helpful.

im looking for a free horizontal scroller an automatic pausing one
that allows images and text , to scroll without any user
intervention.any one know of a good easy to use one?

ollimax

Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:

helpful.

im looking for a free horizontal scroller an automatic pausing one
that allows images and text , to scroll without any user
intervention.any one know of a good easy to use one?

Leif gave a correct answer to the wrong question ( Good grief, I start
to sound like....). He thought you mean a scrollbar which is to slide
window from left to right and back again as many times as you will.

Do you perhaps mean a horrible thingamadingdong, where images and/or
text are running from right to left in a small area in a some part of
your page?

If you are sure that you definitely need it, you should think again.
After some consideration, if you still think it is a question of life
and death, you could go and see what you can find in
http://javascript.internet.com/scrolls/

User needs a javascript to see it. If the message in the scroll is
necessary, there has to be a way to view it even if the js is turned off.

If the message is necessary, most people can read faster than it
scrolls, and that's one reason why they are irritating.

Many of them only 'work' on some browsers.

Because they move, people tend to ignore them as they are considered as
advertisments.

I wouldn't use it.

Oll¡maX!

ollimax

Ian said:
Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what Leif

helpful.

im looking for a free horizontal scroller an automatic pausing one
that allows images and text , to scroll without any user
intervention.any one know of a good easy to use one?
--------------------------
Youth Work Resources
the youth work website
http://www.youthworker.org.uk
--------------------------
I went to look at this page mentioned abov, thought you needed the
scroll there. Why is my harddrive working all the time when I look at
your page?

Don't put any more scrolls in there. I got seasick.
Oll¡maX!

ollimax said:
I went to look at this page mentioned abov, thought you needed the
scroll there. Why is my harddrive working all the time when I look at
your page?

Don't put any more scrolls in there. I got seasick.
Oll¡maX!
its for another page, not the one in my sig.. and that marquee scroll
does not appear in the update (not yet online)

Toby A Inkster

Ian said:
Doschiesky

That's a new one. Obviously there is always going to be some disagreement
in transliterating from a Cyrillic character set to a Western one, but
most people would include a 'v' in there. The most usual spelling is
'Dostoevsky', though I have also seen 'Dosechevtsky' and 'Dostoyevsky'.

Ah! Cultured spelling flames: isn't that what life's all about?

Ian Hurst (Troyka)

Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what Toby A
Inkster said:
That's a new one. Obviously there is always going to be some disagreement
in transliterating from a Cyrillic character set to a Western one, but
most people would include a 'v' in there. The most usual spelling is
'Dostoevsky', though I have also seen 'Dosechevtsky' and 'Dostoyevsky'.

Ah! Cultured spelling flames: isn't that what life's all about?

Cultured flaming.. a new one on me.. but spelling is not my strong
point

you related to the late inkster of inkytext fame?

Ian BA (Hons) MA