    The degree of civilisation in a society can be judged by observing its
    prisoners
    Doschiesky

    Ian Hurst (Troyka), Feb 27, 2004

  2. Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:
    > hello im looking for a free horizontal scroller with images, andy one
    > know of a good easy to use one?

    It came with your browser.

    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 27, 2004

  3. Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what Leif
    K-Brooks <> has to say
    >Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:
    >> hello im looking for a free horizontal scroller with images, andy one
    >> know of a good easy to use one?

    >It came with your browser.

    helpful.

    im looking for a free horizontal scroller an automatic pausing one
    that allows images and text , to scroll without any user
    intervention.any one know of a good easy to use one?
    --------------------------
    Youth Work Resources
    the youth work website
    http://www.youthworker.org.uk
    --------------------------

    Ian Hurst (Troyka), Feb 27, 2004
  4. Ian Hurst (Troyka)

    ollimax Guest

    Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:

    >>It came with your browser.

    > helpful.
    >
    > im looking for a free horizontal scroller an automatic pausing one
    > that allows images and text , to scroll without any user
    > intervention.any one know of a good easy to use one?

    Leif gave a correct answer to the wrong question ( Good grief, I start
    to sound like....). He thought you mean a scrollbar which is to slide
    window from left to right and back again as many times as you will.

    Do you perhaps mean a horrible thingamadingdong, where images and/or
    text are running from right to left in a small area in a some part of
    your page?

    If you are sure that you definitely need it, you should think again.
    After some consideration, if you still think it is a question of life
    and death, you could go and see what you can find in
    http://javascript.internet.com/scrolls/

    User needs a javascript to see it. If the message in the scroll is
    necessary, there has to be a way to view it even if the js is turned off.

    If the message is necessary, most people can read faster than it
    scrolls, and that's one reason why they are irritating.

    Many of them only 'work' on some browsers.

    Because they move, people tend to ignore them as they are considered as
    advertisments.

    I wouldn't use it.

    Oll¡maX!

    ollimax, Feb 27, 2004
  5. Ian Hurst (Troyka)

    ollimax Guest

    Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:

    > Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what Leif
    > K-Brooks <> has to say
    >
    >>Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:
    >>
    >>> hello im looking for a free horizontal scroller with images, andy one
    >>>know of a good easy to use one?

    >>It came with your browser.

    > helpful.
    >
    > im looking for a free horizontal scroller an automatic pausing one
    > that allows images and text , to scroll without any user
    > intervention.any one know of a good easy to use one?
    > --------------------------
    > Youth Work Resources
    > the youth work website
    > http://www.youthworker.org.uk
    > --------------------------

    I went to look at this page mentioned abov, thought you needed the
    scroll there. Why is my harddrive working all the time when I look at
    your page?

    Don't put any more scrolls in there. I got seasick.
    Oll¡maX!

    ollimax, Feb 27, 2004
  6. Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what
    ollimax <> has to say
    >Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:
    >
    >> Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what Leif
    >> K-Brooks <> has to say

    >>>It came with your browser.

    >> helpful.
    >>
    >> im looking for a free horizontal scroller an automatic pausing one
    >> that allows images and text , to scroll without any user
    >> intervention.any one know of a good easy to use one?
    >> --------------------------
    >> Youth Work Resources
    >> the youth work website
    >> http://www.youthworker.org.uk
    >> --------------------------

    >I went to look at this page mentioned abov, thought you needed the
    >scroll there. Why is my harddrive working all the time when I look at
    >your page?
    >
    >Don't put any more scrolls in there. I got seasick.
    >Oll¡maX!

    its for another page, not the one in my sig.. and that marquee scroll
    does not appear in the update (not yet online)

    --------------------------
    Youth Work Resources
    the youth work website
    http://www.youthworker.org.uk
    --------------------------

    Ian Hurst (Troyka), Feb 27, 2004
  7. Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:

    > Doschiesky

    That's a new one. Obviously there is always going to be some disagreement
    in transliterating from a Cyrillic character set to a Western one, but
    most people would include a 'v' in there. The most usual spelling is
    'Dostoevsky', though I have also seen 'Dosechevtsky' and 'Dostoyevsky'.

    Ah! Cultured spelling flames: isn't that what life's all about?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Feb 28, 2004
  8. Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what Toby A
    Inkster <> has to say
    >Ian Hurst (Troyka) wrote:
    >
    >> Doschiesky

    >That's a new one. Obviously there is always going to be some disagreement
    >in transliterating from a Cyrillic character set to a Western one, but
    >most people would include a 'v' in there. The most usual spelling is
    >'Dostoevsky', though I have also seen 'Dosechevtsky' and 'Dostoyevsky'.
    >
    >Ah! Cultured spelling flames: isn't that what life's all about?

    Cultured flaming.. a new one on me.. but spelling is not my strong
    point

    you related to the late inkster of inkytext fame?

    Ian BA (Hons) MA

    a grown ups deslexia page
    http://www.dyslexia.go.to/
    --------
    The degree of civilisation in a society can be judged by observing its
    prisoners
    Dostoevsky

    Ian Hurst (Troyka), Feb 28, 2004
  9. Toby A Inkster, Feb 28, 2004