    Any help much appreciated.

    Regards,
    Jonathan Tremlett

    Jonathan Tremlett, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Jonathan Tremlett

    Safalra Guest

    Jonathan Tremlett wrote:
    > I have developed a site and have a requirement to display hyperlinks. While
    > on the conventional desktop screen this is fine but on the PDA it makes a
    > horizontal scrollbar for the longer links. I was wondering does anyone have
    > a fix for this to make it to force wrap.

    You could attempt to force wrapping using <br> within the links (these
    would occur at the same location on a desktop as well, however), but as
    you've discovered wrapping policy is up to the user-agent and a page
    author can't really compensate for bad program design. I presume users
    of this particular PDA are used to this 'feature' however, and have
    probably learnt to tolerate it, so don't worry too much about it.

    --
    Safalra (Stephen Morley)
    http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/

    Safalra, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Hi,

    Thank you for your suggestion. I do realise that users will probably
    get used to their application but this is part of a university study.
    However, I have done sometihng to fix this for my demonstration.

    If anyone is interested I have described below:

    Checks $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] to see if it contains "Windows CE".
    If so then after 35 characters in thre string take a new line. There
    will be many different formats in the $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'] value
    but for my purposes I only have to show 1 example.

    Hope this is useful for information.

    Regards,
    Jonathan Tremlett

    Jonathan Tremlett CIT2004, Aug 12, 2005
  4. Sorry this post was meant for the PHP newsgroup
    "Jonathan Tremlett CIT2004" <> wrote in
    message news:42fcb62a$...

    Jonathan Tremlett, Aug 12, 2005