Horizontal<->Vertical List: Random Switch?

keytostars

I can't quite figure this out. I want to have a horizontal list. In
IE this looks fine. In FF the list is horizontal until I click on it,
and then it is vertical, and them sometimes randomly when I go to the
site, it will be vertical until I click the an item on the menu. Help
would be appreciated. Thank you!

http://drfujimoto.com

Jonathan N. Little

keytostars said:
I can't quite figure this out. I want to have a horizontal list. In
IE this looks fine. In FF the list is horizontal until I click on it,
and then it is vertical, and them sometimes randomly when I go to the
site, it will be vertical until I click the an item on the menu. Help
would be appreciated. Thank you!

http://drfujimoto.com
Is this your URL in question? List what list? You've got the links in
the column of a table cannot be horizontal unless you change the table,
or is this just some lame ploy to drive traffic to this periodontist's site?

Neredbojias

I can't quite figure this out. I want to have a horizontal list. In
IE this looks fine. In FF the list is horizontal until I click on it,
and then it is vertical, and them sometimes randomly when I go to the
site, it will be vertical until I click the an item on the menu. Help
would be appreciated. Thank you!

http://drfujimoto.com

Has something to do with widths. When I added:

.moduletable { width:200px; }

to your css, the flags horizontalized nicely. Well, not exactly "nicely"
because they were offset to the right, but there somewhere is the problem.
I didn't analyze your structure or anything, but maybe a percentage
width...? Remember, you are _inlining_ the list.

Jonathan N. Little

Jonathan said:
Is this your URL in question? List what list? You've got the links in
the column of a table cannot be horizontal unless you change the table,
or is this just some lame ploy to drive traffic to this periodontist's
site?

Okay now I see it, so deeply nesting in TABLEs and DIVs I missed it at
first. That is part of the problem, way too many containers, and your
css is also complicated and contradictory at times:

/* language lists with UL (names & images) */

ul.jflanguageselection
{
float: right;
<<Let's see your float the UL to the right>>

ul.jflanguageselection li
{
display: inline;
<<Then make LIs inling, ok>>

background-image: none;

padding-left: 0px;

padding-right: 0px;

float: left;
<<Now your make them a block again by floating to the left!>>

margin: 1px 1px 1px 1px;

white-space: nowrap;

border: none;

}

ul.jflanguageselection li a

{
list-style-type: none;
<<A elements do not have a list-style-type property, this doesn't do
anything>>

}

You have a lot going on here. I would pare away the excess and simplify,
would make debugging easier and end product better.

keytostars

http://drfujimoto.comSorry about that - I forgot to mention it was the flags -> not unless
web developers have particularly bad teeth and happen to live in
NY ;-)
<<Now your make them a block again by floating to the left!>>
I just took out the float:left and then everything worked. I'm no css
coder, so I would have no idea really how to clean it up, but now at
least it looks good in FF/IE. Thank you so much!