    site, it will be vertical until I click the an item on the menu. Help
    would be appreciated. Thank you!

    http://drfujimoto.com
    keytostars, Mar 11, 2007

  2. keytostars wrote:
    > I can't quite figure this out. I want to have a horizontal list. In
    > IE this looks fine. In FF the list is horizontal until I click on it,
    > and then it is vertical, and them sometimes randomly when I go to the
    > site, it will be vertical until I click the an item on the menu. Help
    > would be appreciated. Thank you!
    >
    > http://drfujimoto.com

    Is this your URL in question? List what list? You've got the links in
    the column of a table cannot be horizontal unless you change the table,
    or is this just some lame ploy to drive traffic to this periodontist's site?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 11, 2007

  3. keytostars

    Neredbojias Guest

    On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 03:33:47 GMT keytostars scribed:

    > I can't quite figure this out. I want to have a horizontal list. In
    > IE this looks fine. In FF the list is horizontal until I click on it,
    > and then it is vertical, and them sometimes randomly when I go to the
    > site, it will be vertical until I click the an item on the menu. Help
    > would be appreciated. Thank you!
    >
    > http://drfujimoto.com

    Has something to do with widths. When I added:

    .moduletable { width:200px; }

    to your css, the flags horizontalized nicely. Well, not exactly "nicely"
    because they were offset to the right, but there somewhere is the problem.
    I didn't analyze your structure or anything, but maybe a percentage
    width...? Remember, you are _inlining_ the list.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Mar 11, 2007
  4. Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > keytostars wrote:
    >> I can't quite figure this out. I want to have a horizontal list. In
    >> IE this looks fine. In FF the list is horizontal until I click on it,
    >> and then it is vertical, and them sometimes randomly when I go to the
    >> site, it will be vertical until I click the an item on the menu. Help
    >> would be appreciated. Thank you!
    >>
    >> http://drfujimoto.com
    >>

    > Is this your URL in question? List what list? You've got the links in
    > the column of a table cannot be horizontal unless you change the table,
    > or is this just some lame ploy to drive traffic to this periodontist's
    > site?

    Okay now I see it, so deeply nesting in TABLEs and DIVs I missed it at
    first. That is part of the problem, way too many containers, and your
    css is also complicated and contradictory at times:

    /* language lists with UL (names & images) */

    ul.jflanguageselection
    {
    float: right;
    <<Let's see your float the UL to the right>>

    ul.jflanguageselection li
    {
    display: inline;
    <<Then make LIs inling, ok>>

    background-image: none;

    padding-left: 0px;

    padding-right: 0px;

    float: left;
    <<Now your make them a block again by floating to the left!>>

    margin: 1px 1px 1px 1px;

    white-space: nowrap;

    border: none;

    }

    ul.jflanguageselection li a

    {
    list-style-type: none;
    <<A elements do not have a list-style-type property, this doesn't do
    anything>>

    }

    You have a lot going on here. I would pare away the excess and simplify,
    would make debugging easier and end product better.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 11, 2007
  5. keytostars

    keytostars Guest

    > >>http://drfujimoto.com
    >
    > > Is this your URL in question? List what list? You've got the links in
    > > the column of a table cannot be horizontal unless you change the table,
    > > or is this just some lame ploy to drive traffic to this periodontist's
    > > site?

    Sorry about that - I forgot to mention it was the flags -> not unless
    web developers have particularly bad teeth and happen to live in
    NY ;-)

    > <<Now your make them a block again by floating to the left!>>

    I just took out the float:left and then everything worked. I'm no css
    coder, so I would have no idea really how to clean it up, but now at
    least it looks good in FF/IE. Thank you so much!
    keytostars, Mar 15, 2007