host association

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Elijah Cardon, Oct 20, 2006.

  1. Is "host association" a term that C uses when one scoping unit is inside
    another? EC

    Elijah Cardon, Oct 20, 2006

  2. Elijah Cardon

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    "Elijah Cardon" <> writes:

    > Is "host association" a term that C uses when one scoping unit is inside
    > another? EC

    No, not in my experience. It's not used in the standard or by
    K&R, for example.
    --
    "The lusers I know are so clueless, that if they were dipped in clue
    musk and dropped in the middle of pack of horny clues, on clue prom

    Ben Pfaff, Oct 20, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    Elijah Cardon <> wrote:
    >Is "host association" a term that C uses when one scoping unit is inside
    >another? EC

    Not that I've heard. That appears to be a Fortranism.
    -- Christopher Priest

    Walter Roberson, Oct 20, 2006
  4. "Walter Roberson" <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Elijah Cardon <> wrote:
    >>Is "host association" a term that C uses when one scoping unit is inside
    >>another? EC

    > Not that I've heard. That appears to be a Fortranism.

    There's a reason it doesn't occur in C, and I can't put my finger on it. EC

    Elijah Cardon, Oct 20, 2006
  5. "Ben Pfaff" <> wrote in message
    > "Elijah Cardon" <> writes:
    >
    >> Is "host association" a term that C uses when one scoping unit is inside
    >> another? EC

    > No, not in my experience. It's not used in the standard or by
    > K&R, for example.

    Ben--
    I believe you're a relatively recent MSU grad. I'd like to talk about
    computing at east lansing in a manner that isn't necessarily for public
    consumption. If you're game, I'm . EC

    Elijah Cardon, Oct 20, 2006