host association

Elijah Cardon

Is "host association" a term that C uses when one scoping unit is inside
another? EC

Ben Pfaff

Elijah Cardon said:
Is "host association" a term that C uses when one scoping unit is inside
another? EC

No, not in my experience. It's not used in the standard or by
K&R, for example.

Elijah Cardon

Walter Roberson said:
Not that I've heard. That appears to be a Fortranism.
There's a reason it doesn't occur in C, and I can't put my finger on it. EC

Elijah Cardon

Ben Pfaff said:
No, not in my experience. It's not used in the standard or by
K&R, for example.
Ben--
I believe you're a relatively recent MSU grad. I'd like to talk about
computing at east lansing in a manner that isn't necessarily for public
consumption. If you're game, I'm (e-mail address removed) . EC