Host multiple sites in single ASP.NET Development Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Don, Sep 30, 2008.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    I am working in an environment in which the developers will not be
    able to run IIS on their machines. As a solution, I have turned to
    using the ASP.NET Development Server (filesystem IIS) but my system
    architecture is causing a problem.

    First, we have a global theme so that all of our applications share
    the same theme. This theme is hosted in IIS under “/aspnet_client/
    system_web/2_0_50727/Themes/Project_Theme”.
    (filesystem = C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web
    \2_0_50727\Themes\ Project _Theme)

    Second, we have an Authentication website that handles validating
    users. In order to login a user is redirected to the Authentication
    site, using this Web.config entry:
    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="/ Authentication /NewLogin.aspx?
    applicationName=NewApp"
    name=".ASPXAUTH" protection="All" path="/" timeout="30"
    enableCrossAppRedirects="true">
    </forms>
    </authentication>

    I cannot find a way to host the authentication site and the theme
    folder in the ASP.NET Development Server while running my Web
    Application. As a result, I have to remove my reference to the global
    them and disable security while developing.

    Can anyone suggest a solution?

    Thanks,
    Don

    Don, Sep 30, 2008