    happen?

    Please pardon my ignorance and I will really appreciate your reply.
    Thanks in advance.
    Oltmans, Dec 23, 2010

  2. On Dec 23, 7:01 am, Oltmans <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm writing a very small TCP server(written in Python) and now I want
    > to host it on some ISP so that it can be accessed anywhere from the
    > Internet. I've never done that before so I thought I should ask for
    > some advice. Do you guys know any good ISP that can let me do that?
    >
    > Most importantly, what is usually involved in order to make this
    > happen?
    >
    > Please pardon my ignorance and I will really appreciate your reply.
    > Thanks in advance.

    If you are familiar with Linux a Linode (http://www.linode.com) might
    be a perfect option for you. They even offer month by month rentals.

    bob
    bobicanprogram, Dec 23, 2010

  3. Oltmans

    Guest

    Rolf,

    > I'm writing a very small TCP server (written in Python) and now I want to host it on some ISP so that it can be accessed anywhere from the Internet. I've never done that before so I thought I should ask for some advice. Do you guys know any good ISP that can let me do that?

    I'm a big fan of webfaction.com. I think they will support this type of
    project.

    Malcolm
    , Dec 23, 2010
  4. On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 04:40 -0800, bobicanprogram wrote:
    > On Dec 23, 7:01 am, Oltmans <> wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > > I'm writing a very small TCP server(written in Python) and now I want
    > > to host it on some ISP so that it can be accessed anywhere from the
    > > Internet. I've never done that before so I thought I should ask for
    > > some advice. Do you guys know any good ISP that can let me do that?
    > > Most importantly, what is usually involved in order to make this
    > > happen?
    > > Please pardon my ignorance and I will really appreciate your reply.
    > > Thanks in advance.

    > If you are familiar with Linux a Linode (http://www.linode.com) might
    > be a perfect option for you. They even offer month by month rentals.

    +1 Linode; performance is good, support is excellent.
    Adam Tauno Williams, Dec 23, 2010
  5. Oltmans

    Jon Clements Guest

    On Dec 23, 12:01 pm, Oltmans <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm writing a very small TCP server(written in Python) and now I want
    > to host it on some ISP so that it can be accessed anywhere from the
    > Internet. I've never done that before so I thought I should ask for
    > some advice. Do you guys know any good ISP that can let me do that?
    >
    > Most importantly, what is usually involved in order to make this
    > happen?
    >
    > Please pardon my ignorance and I will really appreciate your reply.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Check out http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonHosting

    There's quite a few and they vary in features/pricing/OS used etc...
    but a lot of the info and links are there for you to find one right
    for you.

    hth

    Jon.
    Jon Clements, Dec 23, 2010