Hosting a WCF service on II6

DabblerNL

I am trying to host a WCF service on II6 running on a (pre R2) windows 2003
server.
I get the following error:
unrecognized section system.servicemodel
ASP.Net version 1.14

As WCF is a .Net 3.0 thingy I am not surprised that ASP.Net 1.x cannot read
the web.config file.
However, on the server is .Net 3.5SP1 installed, and I can find the asp.net
2.x .dll s.
Why is II6 not using them?

Mr. Arnold

I am trying to host a WCF service on II6 running on a (pre R2) windows 2003
server.
I get the following error:
unrecognized section system.servicemodel
ASP.Net version 1.14

As WCF is a .Net 3.0 thingy I am not surprised that ASP.Net 1.x cannot
read
the web.config file.
However, on the server is .Net 3.5SP1 installed, and I can find the
asp.net
2.x .dll s.
Why is II6 not using them?

Did you do any of the items being discussed in the link? The 3.5 Frameworks
is an extention of the 2.0. Did you ever set IIS to use the 2.0 Framework?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...net-version-to-2-0-not-1-1-when-new-sites-are

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4063 (20090508) __________

http://www.eset.com

DabblerNL

Thanks, that link was helpful. As I have no ASP.Net 1.1. dependent sites, I
could just tell II6 to use ASP.Net 2.x by accessing and changing the
properties of the standard website's root folder. Embarrassingly easy!