Hosting Advice

Jonathan Wood

After hosting with Pair for some time with reasonable satisfaction, it looks
like I need to find another hosting service in order to host on .NET (2.0).

Does anyone have any recommendations or horror stories about companies that
provide .NET hosting? My current plan provides 4GB disk space/120GB transfer
and my needs will most likely grow so I need a plan along those lines. I'm
also interested in hosting some of my own clients.

Thanks!

Jonathan Wood

Thanks. I'm actually quite familiar with GoDaddy.com. However, I haven't
been able to find anything on their site that indicates they provide ASP
..NET.

Is this where you host? Is your site a .NET one?

Jonathan Wood

G. Whiz,
what in tarnation did i just send you?

Huh?

You sent me a reference to GoDaddy.com.

A site I'm familiar with but when I looked, I still found no mention of
..NET. So I thought I'd try to get verification that they did in fact support
..NET and ask about your own site to see if I could get even more
information. All of which you've ignored.

I can see you prefer to keep your conversations simple. I apologize for
attempting to go beyond your single-line response.

Jonathan Wood

Thanks for the link. Definitely a cheap plan. Maybe a little too cheap?

Thanks again.

Jonathan Wood

I've been buying all my domains through them. (No reason to pay Network
Solution prices any more.)

Looking at the site, it looks like a lot of things such as SSL are
considered extras. I'd love to hear from folks who have actually been
hosting with them. In fact, since this is an ASP forum and I assume
virtually everyone who comes here has at least one Web site, I would have
guessed I would've got a bit more response in this thread with people
talking about who they're hosting with.

I'll check out the article.

Thanks.