    Sorry if this is wrong group, but I'm new to asp.net websites.

    Regards,
    Dermot
    dermot, Aug 23, 2006

  2. dermot

    Kevin Jones Guest

    It's not an ASP problem. However the easiest fix would be to add a line
    to your hosts file, something like

    my.ip.add.ress www.mydomain.com

    (where my.ip.add.ress is the ip address of the www.mydomain.com as seen
    by the rest of the world)

    The hosts file is in

    c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

    Kevin Jones, Aug 23, 2006

  3. dermot

    Mike Lowery Guest

    "dermot" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I host an asp.net website locally. This is accessible via
    > www.mydomain.com
    > However when any of the pcs on my local network go to www.mydomain.com
    > they get the pop up box from my netgear router to login and change
    > router settings. So they have to go http://localwebserver/mydomain to
    > access the site.
    >
    > Is there anyway round this?
    >
    > Sorry if this is wrong group, but I'm new to asp.net websites.

    Buy a different router? What happens when you do a "nslookup www.mydomain.com"
    from one of these PCs?
    Mike Lowery, Aug 23, 2006