    Is it easy to combine 'normal' asp and asp.net?

    Cheers,
    Hulte
    jungeriusblom, May 14, 2004

  2. The only thing you need to host your own site is a computer capable of
    running the web server software. Any computer that you can install win 2000
    or win xp on is capable. You can even use xp home with the Cassini web
    server that is included with Web Matrix to run ASP.NET. And ASP and ASP.NET
    can run side by side and even in the same virtual directory because the
    ..aspx extension will map to the ASP.NET ISAPI handler. You can even do a
    form post from an ASP page to an ASPX page.

    So, yes, you need the framework and the Cassini web server or IIS.

    Jeffrey Palermo

    Jeffrey Palermo [MCP], May 14, 2004

  3. jungeriusblom

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    for internal use yeah, that's all you need really.
    As for combining, you can use both on the same server easily, but try to
    avoid mixing the two types in the same app/site.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], May 14, 2004
  4. jungeriusblom

    Jos Guest

    "Jeffrey Palermo [MCP]" <http://dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/jpalermo> wrote in
    message news:%...
    > The only thing you need to host your own site is a computer capable of
    > running the web server software. Any computer that you can install win

    2000
    > or win xp on is capable. You can even use xp home with the Cassini web
    > server that is included with Web Matrix to run ASP.NET. And ASP and

    ASP.NET
    > can run side by side and even in the same virtual directory because the
    > .aspx extension will map to the ASP.NET ISAPI handler. You can even do a
    > form post from an ASP page to an ASPX page.
    >
    > So, yes, you need the framework and the Cassini web server or IIS.
    >
    > Jeffrey Palermo

    Keep in mind that Cassini normally doesn't accept remote requests (only
    localhost).
    You'll need to download the source code and rebuild it:
    http://www.microsoft.com/belux/nl/msdn/community/columns/desmet/hostaspnet2.mspx

    --

    Jos
    Jos, May 14, 2004