    Any ideas how to do it?

    Thanks,

    Joe
    Galsaba, Apr 15, 2004

  2. Galsaba

    Rob McAninch Guest

    Galsaba <news:>:

    > I upload all my html files to one host server (host 1)
    > my domain name is at a second host server. (host 2)
    > I want that when the user click my url (www.mysite.com) it
    > will go to host 2, and host 2 will forward it to host 1.
    > Any ideas how to do it?

    Update your DNS records to point at host 1, where all the files
    are. Or do you want to mirror your site in two locations?

    --
    Rob - http://rock13.com/
    Web Stuff: http://rock13.com/webhelp/
    Rob McAninch, Apr 16, 2004

  3. (Galsaba) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I upload all my html files to one host server (host 1)
    > my domain name is at a second host server. (host 2)
    > I want that when the user click my url (www.mysite.com) it will go to host 2,
    > and host 2 will forward it to host 1.
    > Any ideas how to do it?

    Update your domain's DNS so that it point to the nameservers of host
    2.What *exactly" are you trying to do? Why?

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Apr 16, 2004
  4. Galsaba

    Galsaba Guest

    Until yesterday I did not have a domain name, so all my files were at a
    subdirectory of an old site of mine. This was on host 1.
    Now , and just meanwhile, instead of uploading all my files to host 2, I just
    want to upload the index.htm file.
    This file should have a line like "go to" index.htm on host 2.

    In any case, if you disregard the reason of why I want to do it, just -
    What will be the html command to go to a different page without clicking on a
    word or pic.
    Thanks,
    Joe
    Galsaba, Apr 16, 2004
  5. Galsaba

    Galsaba Guest

    I think this is the answer:
    <META http-equiv=REFRESH
    content="0; URL=http://www.page2.com">
    Galsaba, Apr 16, 2004
  6. Galsaba

    Rob McAninch Guest

    Galsaba <news:>:

    > In any case, if you disregard the reason of why I want to do
    > it, just - What will be the html command to go to a
    > different page without clicking on a word or pic.

    HTML has no such command. You can use a meta refresh tag but I
    wouldn't bother (it may not work, or it may look bad to
    someone/somespider reviewing the site). Have one of the hosts
    configure their server to point to the place where your files are.
    Move the files if you have to.

    Rob McAninch, Apr 17, 2004
  7. Galsaba

    Galsaba Guest