hosting several domain names off J2EE server

Andrew Thompson

I want to have several domain names all operate
off the one Java enabled server, but retain distinct URL's.

I set-up a 'parked' domain for athompson.info, but
when I visit the page at http://www.athompson.info/properties.jsp
the URL shows as athompson.info in the address bar, but
physci.org in the requestURL..

Since my intent was to serve up different pages according
to the "address in the browser's address bar", I am
wondering how to get that information. Can it be done?

Do I instead need to 'add-on' (as opposed to parking)
the domains?

Ben_

You need to investiguate:
- how to configure Virtual Hosts
- how to attach an application to a Virtual Host

Andrew Thompson

Ben_ said:
Yes, this is a must read for Apache.

And what is your J2EE container ?

If I understand your question (and the jargon)
correctly, Tomcat.

Else..??

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

Andrew Thompson said:
Since my intent was to serve up different pages according
to the "address in the browser's address bar", I am
wondering how to get that information. Can it be done?

Yes: The browser must send Host header when sending the request (all
newer do), and the server must send Location header (that's where your
code comes in).